Question Zotac 1060 Mini 6GB GPU Cooler Replacement

Feb 25, 2019
Hi - I've got a Zotac 1060 Mini 6GB in a Silverstone GD05 case - https://www.silverstonetek.com/product.php?pid=241&area=en

I've been looking for replacement GPU coolers, as the 1060 Mini cooler is terrible and loud; unfortunately, any GPU replacement cooler I order would need to A) not add to the height of the card and B) would require the card, with cooler attached, still be under 11 inches long. Getting an AIO mount doesn't seem like a viable solution, given the case size limitations.

I've been searching everywhere, and I'm pretty positive the answer is that it's not possible, but I thought I would ask here, in case someone is more knowledgeable than myself or has been googlefu, or has a creative solution that I can't think of at the moment.

Let me know if something exists!

Yeah, it's a tiny case. Will take the GPU, but possibly not any custom cooling. There are some passive cooled GPU's out there have you looked at them? Although the heat sinks on those, are generally taller than the card, and sometimes push the width too, just a few mils, but that can still cause issues in a closed, tight case like that.

I'd stick with the GPU as is, OR............get a new case and rebuild the PC in it. It will cost less than any proposed solution, to replace GPU fans etc, with something that 'may' work. Seems more logical to get a new case, with better soundproofing, more airflow, both of which will help reduce noise and temps, and stop the GPU fans from spinning up to a high level so quickly.

Hmmm. I'm not really sure what to say to you, that can help in anyway.

Don't take me the wrong way when I say this, but....The case is the limiting factor here. There is a solution, but, it's not fitting a square peg into a round hole. That is most likely not an option. The solution is change the case to give you what you need. BUT, you can't change the case because it doesn't fit in your cabinet!? Change cabinet, desk or whatever!?

Feb 25, 2019
Hmmm. I'm not really sure what to say to you, that can help in anyway.

Don't take me the wrong way when I say this, but....The case is the limiting factor here. There is a solution, but, it's not fitting a square peg into a round hole. That is most likely not an option. The solution is change the case to give you what you need. BUT, you can't change the case because it doesn't fit in your cabinet!? Change cabinet, desk or whatever!?

Yeah, I can't. I'm specifically asking for solutions within these limitations, which I thought I made clear from the first post. Telling me what those limitations are isn't helping, but thanks.

Yes, I understood that perfectly well. Limitations. I've explained that there is very little you can do. You can ask the question again, it will most likely get the same answer. What you want is difficult, and without modding (which you already know won't work due to the case size), or going with a low profile passively cooled card, the ONLY options are to upgrade the case/cabinet or suffer with the noise. The solution is there for you to see. But you choose not to.

I genuinely hope you can figure it out, and/or someone might give you the answer you want to hear. Best of luck.

mgallo848

Commendable
I have the Grandia GD09B running a GTX 1060 3gb single fan setup with no issues with heat or fan noise. Just for giggles I installed my R9 390x tri-fan (which is a big card) and that fit fine also.

The width of the GD05 and 09 are identical.
The 09 is only .7 in taller
The 09 is 2 in deeper.

If you can't change to a 09 case then there isn't much you can do. My single card 1060 is never noisy even while gaming. If yours noisy it might be running at full speed because there probably isn't enough breathing room around the case allowing the heat to escape.