[SOLVED] Zotac 1660 or Rog Strix 580

Dec 25, 2019
So I'm debating about getting both of these graphics cards, some of my specs are
CPU: Ryzen 5 2600
Motherboard :ASRock B450 Steel Legend
RAM: Corsaie RGB 16 GB
Which one would be better for running games at higher quality and FPS? And also don't you need like an adapter that connects to the motherboard to the graphics card, do the cards come with the adapter?

Solution
The main reason I mentioned the super is the price is about 20-30 more than the normal 1660. But performance is only 3-5% less than the 1660.

https://pcpartpicker.com/product/y2...super-6-gb-twin-fan-video-card-zt-t16620f-10l

It does look like some 1660 cards are going for 189. So I could see that being a part. I just ordered a super myself and am awaiting it. I suppose in my mind, if I'm spending 200, I'd rather spend 30 more and get the super. But if you are not able to, in all honesty, either of those cards is going to be very big upgrade from a 1050.

Looks like they recommend a 450 watt for the 1660 as well. Either way, I wouldn't do any overclocking on either card or cpu until you can...
I would say that the 1660 is the better card and is more power efficient. Honestly though, I wouldn't bother with the 1660. Skip straight to the 1660 super for about 20-30 more. Found this article on Guru 3d that they think a 450 watt power supply is ok for that card.

https://www.guru3d.com/articles-pages/msi-geforce-gtx-1660-super-gaming-x-review,6.html

The question becomes how good is the evga 450 watt psu? Which model is it?

Dec 25, 2019
I have the 1050 right now, and I know the newer cards you need to connect a 8-pin to the graphics card from the motherboard, would I need to buy one or would it come with the card?

Also wouldn't PCpartpicker factor in the wattage when checking compatibility? As far as I know it says everything is compatible.

Also my max budget is probably 210 dollars.

The main reason I mentioned the super is the price is about 20-30 more than the normal 1660. But performance is only 3-5% less than the 1660.

https://pcpartpicker.com/product/y2...super-6-gb-twin-fan-video-card-zt-t16620f-10l

It does look like some 1660 cards are going for 189. So I could see that being a part. I just ordered a super myself and am awaiting it. I suppose in my mind, if I'm spending 200, I'd rather spend 30 more and get the super. But if you are not able to, in all honesty, either of those cards is going to be very big upgrade from a 1050.

Looks like they recommend a 450 watt for the 1660 as well. Either way, I wouldn't do any overclocking on either card or cpu until you can afford a slightly better power supply. Do you have the model of your power supply or are able to take a photo?

Solution
Exactly. I mean it may run ok, but there's a chance your PC could go boom if the power supply stays. I've seen power supplies take out ports on a motherboard for example. I'm sure others have other stories. But for a few bucks to swap out to a better one, the wise move is to not take a chance.