Nov 16, 2018
System:

CPU: i5 8400
RAM: 2x8gb 2666mhz
PSU: seasonic GX 650w
SSD: 250gb kingson
CASE: rakk anyag matx
GPU: zotac 2070 super twin fan

So I just got my new graphics card a week ago and was running some games mostly at 1440p ultra. No issues with the performance and was very happy until I saw the temps.

at stock fan curve, temps go up to 82C after 30 mins in unigine heaven this is on 1440p with uncapped FPS. went for more aggressive fan curve and ended up getting 72c max at 100% fan speed. the card has two fans.

I was thinking 72c is still too hot for 100% fan speed having the two fans spinning at 3000RPM and that the card could be defective or maybe I need a better case/fans .

I have 3 front intake fans and 2 exhaust at the back and top of the case (Micro ATX) for airflow. not sure what RPM the fans run at but there's little air coming out when I put my hands on the exhaust.

any help or advice would be appreciated.

Solution
Aye, that's much better.
There's almost a 10C difference between the 2 stock curve results - that's significant.
Plus, the 2nd custom run got basically the same temp but only needed to run at 70%.
The case is obstructing a fair amount of airflow - at least for the gpu.

This is your case, right? https://www.lazada.com.ph/products/...t-ready-side-panel-i122012190-s126952840.html

I don't have an issue with the front 3 intakes, but take the 1st top fan and try it on the 1st bottom slot as intake - with the panels on, of...

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
Easy test:
Remove the front and side panels. Test in game with the stock fan curve. Note the max temp.
Then do it again with the same custom curve you set previously. Note the max temp.

Then we'll compare those to the closed case results.

bon.eric.saulog

Prominent
Nov 16, 2018
Ok, same tests with same fan curves, but with the side and front panels removed, 30 mins each test , results are

Custom curve: 70% fan speed, 70c - 71c, 2400 RPM
Stock fan curve: 61 - 63 % fan speed, 75c - 76c, 2200 RPM

it never got to 100% fan speed. Is this good?

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
Aye, that's much better.
There's almost a 10C difference between the 2 stock curve results - that's significant.
Plus, the 2nd custom run got basically the same temp but only needed to run at 70%.
The case is obstructing a fair amount of airflow - at least for the gpu.

This is your case, right? https://www.lazada.com.ph/products/...t-ready-side-panel-i122012190-s126952840.html

I don't have an issue with the front 3 intakes, but take the 1st top fan and try it on the 1st bottom slot as intake - with the panels on, of course. See if it helps with temps.
No point with the 2nd bottom slot, because the psu would block any air trying to come up that way.

Also, remove the top panel's magnetic filter if you haven't already. Exhausts don't need filtration, plus that filter would only serve to help TRAP dust that has already been pulled inside the case.

Solution

bon.eric.saulog

Prominent
Nov 16, 2018
Thanks!i think I can use my pc now without worrying too much lol. too bad I only have 1 exhaust fan at the top so icant really put another on the bottom slot. \

Do you think I can get better temps by just buying better fans or should I just move to a better case? say ATX? what case can you recommend for better cooling?

TRENDING THREADS