Question Zotac 3060 ti how to connect to PSU?

giedrala25

Reputable
Oct 25, 2019
Hello Guys could you help me to connect Zotac 3060 ti to PSU model ATX-500B. Please check uploaded photos with all free connectors, as I understand I need somekind of adapter, I would appreciate if someone could pin point what I'm looking for. Thank you in advance.

Hello Guys could you help me to connect Zotac 3060 ti to PSU model ATX-500B. Please check uploaded photos with all free connectors, as I understand I need somekind of adapter, I would appreciate if someone could pin point what I'm looking for. Thank you in advance.
Minimum recommended PSU for Zotac 3060 ti is 650W.

What you have there is barely 300W PSU (264W on 12V rail).
PSU is not compatible with your graphics card.
If you try to use it with this graphics card, you'll probably get an explosion and a dead pc.

Like here:

View: https://youtu.be/XcjxQiY5thM?t=21

Last edited:
By looking at your pictures your new gpu is not going to work and also do not think your computer is going to work with 3060ti since the computer looks cheap!. Before buying anything you need to some research to make sure that your computer specs work as a team. Also your PSU seems really dusty .

By looking at your pictures your new gpu is not going to work and also do not think your computer is going to work with 3060ti since the computer looks cheap!. Before buying anything you need to some research to make sure that your computer specs work as a team. Also your PSU seems really dusty .
that computer has pcie slot, so why wouldnt it work? just psu needs to be resolved
my sister has phenom ii x6 960t cpu, with gtx 1060, shadow of tombraider runs pretty fine (13year old cpu)

If a psu was capable of delivering power to a 6 or 6+2 pcie graphics card lead, it would be included.
Adapters are not a solution since the power delivery is simply not there.

If one were to use adapters the danger is not only a psu failure, but also damage to the motherboard and anything connected to it.

And, avoid replacing with a cheap psu.
A cheap PSU will be made of substandard components. It may not have all safety and overload protections.
The danger is if it fails under load, it can destroy anything it is connected to.
It will deliver advertised power only at room temperatures, not at higher temperatures found when installed in a case.
The wattage will be delivered on the 3 and 5v rails, not on the 12v rails where modern parts
like the CPU and Graphics cards need it. What power is delivered may fluctuate and cause instability;
issues that are hard to diagnose.
The fan will need to spin up higher to cool it, making it noisy.
A cheap PSU can become very expensive.

Do not buy one.

Your easiest way to assess quality is to look at the warranty. 5 years gives you a 50/50 chance of getting a decent unit.
7 years or more will usually buy good quality.

Yes, a quality psu will cost more, but a good one is a long term investment.

Reactions: giedrala25

giedrala25

Reputable
Oct 25, 2019
Guys thank you for all your comments. It's 10 years gaming pc build by ginger6 which I got for free from friend of mine for my 10 years son. I runned test on UserBenchmark to see the specs and I saw which components are compatible with this motherboard which is Asus P8Z77-V LX2. That's how I decided to get Zotac 3060 ti for upgrade.

While I enjoy reading all your comments and learning something new, I would appreciate if you could help me with advice which PSU I need to get to make this PC working that my boy could play games like Fifa23 and Forza 5.

At the moment it's got Intel Core i5-3570K cpu.

Once again thank you for your help.

SomeGuyonTHW

Reputable
Oct 9, 2020
You could get a molex to 8 pin cable and use the current PSU but someone said its 200 wattish so you'll probably going to have a chinese explosion once you start up a game.
So go get them that quality psu, also 3060ti is an awesome card, get a good one for it 😉