Zotac 560 TI will not overclock in Afterburner 4.1

darkone999

Honorable
May 14, 2012
I have a zotac GTX 560 TI that I cannot get to overclock in MSI afterburner 4.1. When I try to set the overclock it just resets back to factory clock speeds. I have searched the forums here and I think I found what it could be but the facts still elude me on this matter. I have a corsair GS 500 watt power supply that puts out 39 amps on the 12 volt rails. One rail. It has two 6 pin connectors. From what I have read this seems fine for a 560TI but it may not be enough to overclock so Afterburner resets the clocks speeds back to default. Is this true?. I read some posts on this matter but it seems they covered cheap power supplies or under powered ones such as those below 500watts. I will post a link below to the review for this power supply. It is a gem of a power supply but I am thinking it may not have enough power on the 12 volt rail to overclock this Videocard. Any input or thoughts on this matter will help. Thanks in Advance.

PSU link
http://www.hardwaresecrets.com/printpage/Corsair-GS500-Power-Supply-Review/1571

Thanks again
Tim

Solution
corsair gs 500 is a decent psu..don't worry.

if your overclock setting is not working in MAB, then try to update your graphic card driver..and reinstall your MAB..

darkone999

Honorable
May 14, 2012

did a clean sweep of all drivers. Removed them then used driver sweeper to finish off the uninstall. Removed all OC software. Reinstalled everything and I could not overclock and obtained the same results. Here is the model # Zotac( ZT-50308-10M) on GTX 560Ti. Any help would be great or a point in another direction/posting or person that may help would be great also.Never had this issue before on any other card. It has got me stumped. I am thinking two things 1. the card its self can not be overclocked or 2. my power supply even as good as it is does not have enough power on the 12 volt rail to OC the card. I have also read some power supplies even good ones may limit the voltage..Just do not have a solution yet to this issue.

Thanks
Tim

darkone999

Honorable
May 14, 2012

Thanks for input Quaddro..I have tried Firestorm, MSI afterburner, Nvidia inspector and Evga precision with no luck..I Have posted this issue on two boards and seems no one knows why this card will not overclock..Could be a faulty card or a voltage limit on the card itself. I have ran about every software program you can use to test this video card and it passes them all with flying colors and runs good and cool (58C max) even after one hour on Furmark at 99% gpu usage. At this point it is not a big issue that I can not overclock the card but a mystery I want to solve that is nagging me..hehe. Thanks again

Tim

Quaddro

Distinguished

well, that's almost impossible for 560Ti..from any brand..

It's must be software related bug..

i hate to say this, but, try with fresh OS..:D

darkone999

Honorable
May 14, 2012

Thanks for input Quaddro.

What did u mean by "well, that's almost impossible for 560Ti..from any brand.."

I am going to try this 560ti in one of my testing rigs next weekend. I have this card in a build I am doing and I was going to OC everything I could on the system to a moderate amount to obtain a little more speed out of it overall. Just did a run through for two hours with crysis 2 on ultra settings while monitoring every aspect of the hardware and the system runs flawless so to reinstall the OS is not in the bag for me. I will Post here my results for this issue when I try it on one of my testing rigs. I hate when I can not get something to work so I hope to obtain a solution for this. This issue is like a having wife it just keeps nagging at me all the time...He He

Thanks
Tim

darkone999

Honorable
May 14, 2012
Just to FYI the card died not long after my last post with my issue..I will chalk my issue up to a faulty card just to make me happy....hehe. I do know it was not my power supply as I replaced the zotac 560ti with a evga 560ti factory oc'd to 900 mhz with 2gig ram and it draws more power than the zotac card ever could and to date never had an issue with the evga card and I oc'd it to 950mhz....fun stuff

Tim