Zotac Designs GeForce GTX 460 X2 Graphics Card

notty22

Distinguished
http://www.techpowerup.com/133384/Zotac-Designs-GeForce-GTX-460-X2-Graphics-Card.html

The card uses an NVIDIA nForce 200 bridge chip to semaphore and broadcast data between the two GPUs, a dual 3+1+1 phase VRM that draws power from two 8-pin PCI-E power connectors, and display connectivity is relayed to the rear-panel from both the GPUs, that's four dual-link DVI, and one mini-HDMI. What this also means is that with just this one card, you can use the 3D Vision Surround feature, while retaining SLI multi-GPU scaling. If that's not all, there's a SLI connector, which lets you pair this with another card of its kind, for GTX 460 Quad-SLI. Zotac is yet to finalize a cooling solution to suit it best. GF104 could be NVIDIA's easiest route to a dual-GPU graphics card that establishes performance leadership. The GF104 physically has 384 CUDA cores (336 on Zotac's card, since it's in the GTX 460 configuration), and has shown to be capable of high GPU/Shader clock speeds. More details about Zotac's card are awaited.

131b.jpg

Nice.

notty22

Distinguished

Late ? There are MANY people that have only one pci-e slot that would love to get this level of performance. The only other dual gpu dx11 card , is the uber expensive 5970.

If your always comparing relevance to your own needs, then I guess you would call the Barts launch 'to late' to ?

notty22

Distinguished
They must have wanted to keep the board short ? I noticed all the VRM's in that odd position to. It looks setup for a over the top dual fan setup. Not reference, blower type.

Here's what Guru3d had to say about it:
"Now history has proven that these photo's accidentally leak out, create some hype and then you never hear from the actual product again (very cheap advertising). Still we'll see ... the card has two GeForce GTX 460 1 GB GPUs in SLI configuration, much like every other dual-GPU NVIDIA card."

deweycd

Distinguished
Sep 13, 2005
As MattO17secs just said, don't hold your breath waiting for this to come to market. There have been many like this in the past that just went away because newer cards came out that trumped their market.

I'm thinking the next generation cards will be released before they can get this dual chip 460 out to market. Either way, good things are in store.

ares1214

Splendid
2x 8 pin=not happening. There was a dual 470 prototype too a while back, wheres that? Nvidia has to deliver a good dual card, and AMD needs physics accelerator, both are late on their promises. :lol:

deweycd

Distinguished
Sep 13, 2005
Actually we don't need AMD working on Physics, we need a universal standard that could kill of Nvidia's physics and make it easier for companies to put games to market that use physics.

ares1214

Splendid

I agree, something like DX, but i doubt it will happen.

Yeah, the PhysX thing generally gets left out of most discussions, but in my experience, it's a pretty cool add on. When we discuss good graphics, we usually are talking about quality images, but PhysX is all about adding more actual fun into the gameplay.

ares1214

Splendid

I find it unrealistic when its used, but thats just me. Not used much though.

TRENDING THREADS