Question ZOTAC GAMING GeForce RTX 3080 AMP Holo Fan control not working ?

Sep 22, 2021
I am trying to control my ZOTAC GAMING GeForce RTX 3080 AMP Holo fan curves using Argus Monitor, a paid software that works really well with setting fan curves and monitoring hardware. I've had this issue many times where Argus Monitor can't change the fan speed of my 3080. I manually control it to 100% and it stays running at 60% @ 70 C. I am assuming GPU's contain BIOS fan curves for customers that don't know how to set curves and thats what I am assuming is messing with my curves. Only programs that I have installed that could potentially be messing with the curves could be MSI Center (Only have Mystic Light enabled) and NiceHash Quickminer, but turning them off doesn't change anything. I used to use Afterburner and it had the same problems until I enabled some overwrite setting in the program. Anyone able to help me?

Just an FYI, the reason I won't just install Afterburner again and use it is due to the Profile feature on Argus Monitor that allows me to change profiles using AHK.

Thank you.

Last edited:

Lutfij

Titan
If you're mining with that GPU, might want to leave the fan curves manually to either their full speed or slightly lower than that since mining does add stress to the GPU and power componentry on said GPU, stress that isn't recognized by the platform as necessary to kick fans in.

Sep 22, 2021
If you're mining with that GPU, might want to leave the fan curves manually to either their full speed or slightly lower than that since mining does add stress to the GPU and power componentry on said GPU, stress that isn't recognized by the platform as necessary to kick fans in.
Yeah that is my goal, but it’s also the GPU I use for work and games. My thought process is having Alexa use my phone location to trigger an AHK script every time I leave the house to set all fans to 100% and start mining, and then disabling it when I get home. I’ve got everything else worked out except for being able to change the fan curve for my GPU. Afterburner does have profiles but they don’t change fan curves at all. Already using Argus Monitor for all my other fans so I wanted to work out why it couldn’t take priority over my GPU fans.