Question Zotac Gaming RTX 2060 opinions?

khrystiano

Distinguished
Jan 9, 2012
Hi, so I have a Sapphire Vega 56 Pulse but I saw a cheaper 2060 (the zotac one, ZT-T20600H-10M) and I bought it. I haven't found practically any information of this model so I'm asking... How good is this card compared with the Vega? How much temperature does it reach? Is it too hot? Performance and temperatures are my main concerns.

I play at 1080 144mhz along with an 8600k.

Greetings!!!

Barty1884

Retired Moderator
Any 2060 is going to be roughly ~Vega64 levels of raw performance. Hardly a worthwhile upgrade over a 56 IMO.

Temperatures etc, will depend on your specific setup - ambient, case layout, airflow etc. They run fairly cool, especially relative to a Vega card in the same setup.

khrystiano

Distinguished
Jan 9, 2012
Any 2060 is going to be roughly ~Vega64 levels of raw performance. Hardly a worthwhile upgrade over a 56 IMO.

Temperatures etc, will depend on your specific setup - ambient, case layout, airflow etc. They run fairly cool, especially relative to a Vega card in the same setup.

Uhm, so it all depends on these factors? but does the zotac have a good cooler at all?

And, anyway, my monitor is Freesync, it is still worth to get the 2060? (it would win like 20$ aprox. for the change)

If your monitor supports FreeSync over a DisplayPort connection (DisplayPort adaptive sync), then adaptive sync will likely work on an Nvidia card as well. You will just need to activate G-Sync in the settings for the monitor in Nvidia's control panel.

A 2060 probably isn't going to be much of an upgrade over Vega 56 in terms of performance though, being less than 10% faster on average in current games. It's arguably more of a side-grade than anything. Power draw, and in turn heat output, should be somewhat lower, but I'm not familiar enough with that Zotac card to know whether it would run cooler or quieter.

You might also consider the Radeon RX 5700, which was released the other day and is typically close to 10% faster than a 2060, though currently only reference models are available, which have a blower-style cooler that runs hot, and partner cards with better coolers probably won't be available until next month. There's also the 5700 XT, which is another 10% faster or so, for about $50 more.

Last edited:

khrystiano

Distinguished
Jan 9, 2012
If your monitor supports FreeSync over a DisplayPort connection (DisplayPort adaptive sync), then adaptive sync will likely work on an Nvidia card as well. You will just need to activate G-Sync in the settings for the monitor in Nvidia's control panel.

A 2060 probably isn't going to be much of an upgrade over Vega 56 in terms of performance though, being less than 10% faster on average in current games. It's arguably more of a side-grade than anything. Power draw, and in turn heat output, should be somewhat lower, but I'm not familiar enough with that Zotac card to know whether it would run cooler or quieter.

You might also consider the Radeon RX 5700, which was released the other day and is typically close to 10% faster than a 2060, though currently only reference models are available, which have a blower-style cooler that runs hot, and partner cards with better coolers probably won't be available until next month. There's also the 5700 XT, which is another 10% faster or so, for about $50 more.

I think my monitor supports FreeSync on HDMI (it's a KG221Q), I don't think it supports Gsync, but.. I am making a mistake with this change? Temps are prior for me and my vega actually runs at 62º max. on Furmark and some games (but on HBM 73º, hotpost 85º) with fan furve setted to 60%. will the zotac run hotter than this? Since I can't fijnd real reviews of this model I can't tell..

Greetings

Yeah, that monitor does not appear to offer a DisplayPort connection, which Nvidia currently requires to support adaptive sync on a FreeSync display, so if you went with the Nvidia card, you would lose FreeSync support.

I actually missed the part where you mentioned having bought the card already. Performance will vary by game, but on average, a 2060 would only be slightly faster than Vega 56. That difference probably isn't going to be noticeable at 1080p, where you should be getting good frame rates already. The 2060 does include hardware to accelerate raytraced lighting effects, but enabling those tends to cause a big hit to performance in the few games that currently support them.

As for how hot it will run or how audible the fans might be, it's difficult to tell without reviews. A 2060 does draw significantly less power than Vega 56 under load, so it should put out less heat, but the cooling system might potentially be significantly smaller as well, depending on the model.