[SOLVED] ZOTAC GeForce GTX 1650 LP overclocking MSI overclock scanner confidence 0% but fine in games?

realflow100

Distinguished
Feb 22, 2013
been playing a few games for several hours and had no stutters lags or crashes or artifacts
core is +250mhz overclock. and memory is +900mhz overclock
also have boosted voltage to +100mv but it doesnt seem to make any effect
also raised temperature limit from 83\C to 90\C (WHY DOESNT A BACKSLASH GET RID OF THE ITALICS)
What gives? my manual overclock makes MSI overclock scanner "test" says 0% confidence
is it just a guess and doesnt really know for sure?

The only time it crashed was when i was messing with space engine and setting my games resolution to like 10k for a screenshot. but it crashed without any overclocks at that resolution anyways. so I doubt its the overclock in that case.

Last edited:
Solution
I'm surprised you even got 0%. I used it several times and all it ever gave me was 90%... and most of them were lies, because they would crash in game.
It was just too aggressive on core clock for my gpu. 1080Ti, applying numbers like 130-160, 90% confidence, passed Asus Realbench 8hr stress test...
Crashes within 30mins in UE4 games. :hum:

Stopped using it, and instead started to find a stable overclock across the different games in my library. Settled on 2 separate profiles:
Voltage = 0, Core +95, Memory +550
Voltage +100, Core +110, Memory +550
The 2nd one does net me slightly higher benchmark scores. Not sure if it's better though. I need to do further testing.

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
I'm surprised you even got 0%. I used it several times and all it ever gave me was 90%... and most of them were lies, because they would crash in game.
It was just too aggressive on core clock for my gpu. 1080Ti, applying numbers like 130-160, 90% confidence, passed Asus Realbench 8hr stress test...
Crashes within 30mins in UE4 games. :hum:

Stopped using it, and instead started to find a stable overclock across the different games in my library. Settled on 2 separate profiles:
Voltage = 0, Core +95, Memory +550
Voltage +100, Core +110, Memory +550
The 2nd one does net me slightly higher benchmark scores. Not sure if it's better though. I need to do further testing.

Solution

realflow100

Distinguished
Feb 22, 2013
huh. I get more stable overclocks if I do manual curve adjustment. holding down ctrl and dragging the far right control point up to about 325mhz.

it says 90% confidence this time. and fully stable. and I dont get any artifacts in games.

before I would occasionally get artifacts but no crashes when my GPU is partially loaded (like 50 to 70% but not 100% loaded
now its rock solid stable.
the voltage at lower clocks is a little higher which seems to be making it more stable than before.

Reactions: Phaaze88

TRENDING THREADS