ZOTAC GeForce GTX 680 2GB AMP! ® shitty card?

Nabon

Honorable
Mar 27, 2013
I am considering buying ZOTAC GeForce GTX 680 2GB AMP! ®

But i've heared that it is kind of a shitty brand, even tho the card it seems to out perform all the other brands in performance (factory oc). I am not planning on oc'ing. I am a bit sceptical to the build quality, temrature and noise from the card.
Would i be better off buying gtx gigabyte or MSI twin frozr III?

Before somebody tells me to buy 670 instead, i get them about the same price atm, so i guess 680 is better in that case.

on rare occasional times, the heatsink may need to be reseated because of improper seating other than that, zotax is usually heavy on factory overclocks. Chip wise, Zotac gets their chips from the same place the other side of the spectrum brand Sapphire gets their chips from, as they have the same parent family(just one works with nvidia chips, the other on AMD)

fatboytyler

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2012
Never had much experience with Zotac and I have heard both good and bad things. Personally I would recommend the Gigabyte followed by the MSI. I know you said you did not want to OC, but with those two cards it'd be a breeze to easily OC a bit and get better performance.

As for the 670 VS 680. If the price is quite similar then yea, the 680 is the way to go, but if they aren't close then the 670 all the way

If ya going 670.....get one with at least an 8 phase VRM. The Zotac only has 6 (4+2). The Zotac Extreme has 11 or 11 depending on what source ya look at.

1. Asus DCII OG
2. MSI PE
3. Gigabyte Windforce

But if ya getting a 670 and 680 for same price, Id get the Gigabyte Windforce or MSI Twin Frizr

Nabon

Honorable
Mar 27, 2013

They are like 10€ appart

fatboytyler

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2012

Gigabyte does not have poor customer service in my experiences, other than that I fully agree.

I had nothing but a good experience from an EVGA RMA. I failed to fill out the warranty on my card, but their warranty was good for a year, even without that. Then after sending an Ok on the RMA request immediately, they sent me a new card the same day they got my damaged one and automatically signed me up for a full warranty on the new card for 3 years.