Question Zotac GeForce GTX 760 AMP on a 500W psu

Flowwid

Prominent
Apr 22, 2019
I know today is 2019 and i shouldn't use any gpu bellow GTX 1050, but what ever iam trying GTX 760 for now. I need help before i buy this card, can it actually work on a 500w psu? because i heard the minimum psu is 500w.

My spec:
-Intel core i7 3rd gen
-16GB ram ddr3
-motherboard pcie 2.0
-480GB SSD

I hope my english doesnt sucks because iam still learning. Anyway thank you so much for those who willing to help me, if this card wont work i will change my gpu list to GTX 660TI for now.

thank you once again.

R_1

Expert
Ambassador
Depends on WHICH 500w PSU you have. they are not made the same, some are good, some are junk. do you have a good or a junk PSU?
the GPU will consume 170W, CPU will consume @ 77 watts. the rest of the system will not use 100W. if the PSU can sustain a load of 350W you are fine for now.

Flowwid

Prominent
Apr 22, 2019

R_1

Expert
Ambassador
no idea I could not find a model number for that, the model number provided lead me to a huntkey PSU with dual 18A rails for the 12V, for a grand total wattage of 432Watts which is an avoid at all costs model. also known as a fire starter.
in short no

Flowwid

Prominent
Apr 22, 2019
no idea I could not find a model number for that, the model number provided lead me to a huntkey PSU with dual 18A rails for the 12V, for a grand total wattage of 432Watts which is an avoid at all costs model. also known as a fire starter.
in short no

aight. thank you so much for your help i think iam going for gtx 660ti

Flowwid

Prominent
Apr 22, 2019
in short no

1 more question, can it hold 660ti? my dad just bought that psu without knowing much about psu :/

DSzymborski

Titan
ok thank you for the reply, so that psu cant hold GTX 760?

A generic mystery 500W PSU straight from a factory in China? I wouldn't connect it to a picture of a GTX 760. The condition that you might use a power supply like this is a madman holding your family hostage and demanding that you install garbage into your PC. And even then, this power supply is almost certainly of so low quality that I'd have to consider how much I like the particular family members in question.

Your dad just flushed money down the toilet. This is like deciding to save money on your heart medication by ordering a generic bottle called "heart pills" from some dude on the internet.

Reactions: Metal Messiah.

Flowwid

Prominent
Apr 22, 2019
A generic mystery 500W PSU straight from a factory in China? I wouldn't connect it to a picture of a GTX 760. The condition that you might use a power supply like this is a madman holding your family hostage and demanding that you install garbage into your PC. And even then, this power supply is almost certainly of so low quality that I'd have to consider how much I like the particular family members in question.

Your dad just flushed money down the toilet. This is like deciding to save money on your heart medication by ordering a generic bottle called "heart pills" from some dude on the internet.

soooooo no gtx 660ti for chinnise psu?

Flowwid

Prominent
Apr 22, 2019
You shouldn't be running anything with or without a GPU on some weird generic Chinese power supply.
Ok, I think I will buy another PSU with a decent quality such as be quite or Corsair or maybe evga, I know it cost alot but I think its worth it. And I've read alot of forum talking about chinnise/Singapore hardware lately, and it seems it is actually a bad idea buying cheap stuff from china product iam afraid that this PSU that my dad just bought for me would fry my PC hardware's. Thank you again for the help and telling me to not buy/use chinnise product

Last edited: