Zotac GeForce RTX 2080 Amp! vs. EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 XC Ultra Gaming

Jul 9, 2018
Hey all,
I'm planning to build a system soon, and I have decided on the GeForce RTX 2080 as my graphics card.
However, I am spoilt for choice between the Zotac Amp! and the EVGA XC Ultra Gaming.
I'm looking for optimal cooling and minimal noise, and although I see that the Zotac card has three fans, the EVGA card has a thicker heatsink than the Zotac card, at 2.7 slots.
I may also add a liquid cooling loop later on, and since the EVGA card utilises the reference PCB, it will be easy to find a compatible water block. However, the same cannot be said about the Zotac card.
Can any of you guys help me with my dilemma? Thanks.

Solution
At this point I’m pretty sure EVGA card is 30-50 bucks more than Zotac’s, I only worked with EVGA and hands down they are the best in quality, it will cost you 30-50 bucks more. EVGA will give you everything you want silence at premium price.

Aftermath23

Reputable
Aug 29, 2015
At this point I’m pretty sure EVGA card is 30-50 bucks more than Zotac’s, I only worked with EVGA and hands down they are the best in quality, it will cost you 30-50 bucks more. EVGA will give you everything you want silence at premium price.

Solution
Aug 29, 2018

Why do you say that Zotac does not utilize the reference PCB? I see that Thermaltake's waterblock supports the founder's edition, EVGA and Zotac. So Zotac must have the same PCB as EVGA. Right? ( I am in the middle of buying a Zotac AMP for watercooling and so this thread is important for me too)

Jul 9, 2018

Oh. My mistake. I made a foolish assumption that since the Zotac card had three fans it had a custom PCB. Well actually I have decided on a Gigabyte 1080 Ti as the RGB would sync with the Aorus Gaming 5 motherboard.

Latest posts