Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 5, 2019
Hello, I recently purchased a Zotac GTX 1050 Ti OC (2nd Hand).
The seller also sent me a video of him stress testing the card (fuzzy doughnut stress test) and in the video he shows the Serial Number which is the same as the graphics card that I got.

I put it in my System
Processor: Pentium G4560
Mobo: Asrock H110M-DVS r3.0
RAM: 1x8Gb Kingston RAM
Power Supply: Electron ATX-700W http://prntscr.com/m3cpu8

I have tried everything I can think of to troubleshoot it but I could not get a display from the Graphics Card.

I have tried disabling integrated GPU, setting PCIe as primary VGA, enabling both GPU, clearing CMOS, updated BIOS, installed current drivers of the graphics card, installed some other old version of the graphics card. My Windows 10 version is also up-to-date (Version 1803 Build 17134.472)

If I make the on-board VGA the primary and enable multi-display I can go into windows and I can see the graphics card in Device Manager, and I can also control the graphics card using the FireStorm App.

My only guess is that my PSU is not as good although I have used that PSU for the 750ti that I have used in the past and I did not have problems with that.

Thanks for the replies.

Jan 5, 2019

Yeah , That's what I thought as well, and I am gonna change my PSU soonish with a 500W 80+ bronze one. My concern is that I have used this with a Palit GTX 750 Ti StormX OC and it's only 10W difference and I don't get why it doesn't work now.

I am located in the Philippines.

Thanks for the reply.

Lutfij

Titan
I would also ask you to take the card to another(donor) system and see if it works there too(and you don't have a dud).

Please don't just look at wattage and the 80Plus rating, you need to look at the build quality and the brand behind the PSU. Remember, the 80 Plus rating doesn't define the quality of the PSU, the components inside it do.

Jan 5, 2019

Yes, Thank you. The PSU I am using was a bargain for 5 dollars plus I did not have a GPU at that time so it didn't matter (although I got it to work with the GTX 750ti I was using). I ordered a new power supply, will have an update once I tested it on another PC and on the new power supply.

Jan 5, 2019
Update!

I have tried the graphics card on another system that had a running 750ti. It still didn't work. Then I got a new HDMI to VGA adapter then tried troubleshooting things again on my System. I changed the power supply and the hdmi cable. After a couple trial and errors, I almost gave up, the graphics card still won't give a display. Then I had the idea to NOT screw the graphics card in place, and what do you know, it freaking worked, I don't know if it was the cable that was the problem or the power supply, or the PCIe slot that was the problem but I remember I had the same problem when I installed the 750ti in the past and I think the same problem was also solved by NOT screwing the graphics card in-place.

(I am sort of an idiot?)

Status
Not open for further replies.