Jul 22, 2022
Hello everyone, so today i'm kinda sad because i think my 1060 died.. So i'll explain everything the best i can to see if there's even a solution for this.

I bought a used 1060 3gb a few days ago and when the card arrived it was working totally fine i played some games with it and all good. Yesterday i decided to give it a clean (have done this before a good amount of times) and re-paste it since it had a little bit of dust and temps were hanging arround 83-82C which i was not that happy about (turns out, that temperature is the actual normal working temp for this model card) so i put xm-4 paste used isopropyl alcohol 99% to clean it and it all went well the card even had a drop of 2C meaning the temps would not reach more than 81C. played some more games and by the end of the day when i got back home from work, turned it on and the screen was zoomed in, the icons on the background were looking bigger looked a lot when there's no graphics driver installed, so i re-installed the proper gpu driver for my 1060 from nvidia website and all went back to normal and decided to run heaven benchmark to see if all was good.. but shortly after runing heaven i got a black screen and from what i saw my monitor picked up on signal because there was no (no signal detected sign) the screen was just black. Gave it a good 30 minutes and nothing so turned it off rebooted and still same thing. After some troubleshooting (removing cmos battery, re-seating gpu, making sure power cable was all the way in) nothing worked. so i ran the system without the gpu and got display output. Not knowing what else to do i decided to run "multiple igpu setting" so i could get video from cpu and flashed the gpu bios with a verified bios from this website using nvflash and CMD. Still no luck same issue. lastly i saw windows stopped the card because it was giving error code 43 which from my research means bad drivers but how can i re-install nvidia drivers if they cannot detecte my gpu..

Sorry for writing that much. Any help would be very very appreciated!!!

Jul 22, 2022
To give a little bit more of context, i also put the GPU in my personal system but same problem, and on the original system i installed a 1050ti and it worked so i truly know the issue is only about the 1060

Jul 22, 2022
Hmm, you bought this card a few days ago, why would you clean and re-paste it? Did you also installed new thermal pads?
I did it because there was dust around the fan and heatsink, also when the old paste was removed it was very dry. Thermalpads did not replace it because they weren't gummy, was still firm and had little dust around the edges