Question Zotac gtx 1070 amp extreme core edition overclocking

Marath

Reputable
Dec 18, 2014
Hi Dear Forum

My English is not very good. I'm noob in overclocking. Just used a Gigabyte GTX 1050ti with one click overclock. Now I'm upgrading for an, old for you guys, but very new to me, Zotac gtx 1070 amp extreme core edition. First questions is if I should use the Firestorme 2.12 or the FireStorm_V2.0.0.022E that zotac recommends for my card? I've installed the 2.12 and was working fine. But now downgrade as recommended. What program should I use to test the overclock? Should I increase clock gpu in the same % that memory clock? All help is nice.

The defults are:
GPU clock 1607
Memory clock 2002
Board Power Limit 100%
Temperature target 83%

Can you give me some orientation for beginners?

Thanks to you all.

Asus EX B150M-V3
I5-6400 CPU@ 2.7Ghz
HyperX ddr4 2133Mgz 8Gb
Zotac GTX 1070 Amp Extreme Core Edition ZT-P107000Q-10P
SEASONIC FOCUS 650W Gold
HP X0J60AA

liamwhalley20

Prominent
Nov 27, 2018
I would use msi afterburner personally, it works for all cards.

First off slide power target all the way to the right.
Then go to your core clock and boost it up in increments, dont just go mad same with memory clock.
I use furmark to test stability of my overclock and it shall tell you the limitations like power and voltage and temperature. I will post an image below of my overclock. I am on a GTX 1060 so not so different from yours. Hope this helps. Also make sure you monitor temps whilst doing so

108a5bc.png

Reactions: Marath

Marath

Reputable
Dec 18, 2014
I´m doing It with Zotac native software. But I'll give I try to you suggestion.

My doubts now are GPU MAx Volt and Power. Some people say to put It at max, other say it's better not. This image is while playing Fortnite. Long time playing. Temperatures Low using fan advanced mode that put the fan allways 10% up the temperature value. Any help?

2iurzu9.png

liamwhalley20

Prominent
Nov 27, 2018
I am not very familiar with zotac OC software, I would suggest running furmark and seeing if anything is throttling, Voltage, Temperature and so on and then work from there I suppose, what are the max temperatures on your GPU?

Marath

Reputable
Dec 18, 2014
I am not very familiar with zotac OC software, I would suggest running furmark and seeing if anything is throttling, Voltage, Temperature and so on and then work from there I suppose, what are the max temperatures on your GPU?
Well for now It just keeps in 50º while playing with the fans at 50% also. I try the msi afterburner but the test with superposition gives a better result running with the firestorm than with the msi afterburner, with the same clocks loaded.

Now I try playing forniite with more 10 points in gpu clock, to 70, and memory clock at 280, more 30 than before. It goes just fine and the temperature keeps de same. Before this little adjustment superposition was giving me a 9922 score in 1080p High. Now, with these settings, I don't test it yet.

The max temperature during playing or using superposition depends on using MSI Afterburner or Firestorm. Firestorm with fans set to advanced mode keeps the temperature always behind 50º. MSI in auto mode let it goes to 60º or 65º.

eg1t2b.png