Question Zotac GTX 1080TI MINI (11GB) compatible with older Gigabyte Z97X-UD5H ?

Sep 9, 2020
Hey all,
I have the following specs on a Hackintosh build that I'm getting done with the High Sierra OSX.

Gigabyte Z97X-UD5H
i7 4790K
Zotac GTX 1080TI (MINI) (11GB)
32GB RAM
1TB SSD
500 SSD
ASUS PB278Q (2K)

The person building it just hit me up to say he hasn't been able to get it to work and for some reason he suspects the graphics card (Zotac GTX 1080 TI MINI) is the culprit.

My question is whether anyone has experience with a similar build and can chime in on the Zotac GTX 1080 MINI 's compatibility with the Z97X-UD5H.

Either way, any thoughts on what could be the issue would be sincerely appreciated, thanks...

Hackintosh might be the problem.

There shouldn´t be any incompatibility issues between motherboard and GPU.

Also the problem most builders have with such a system is that the integrated GPU could be problematic if the GPU was not recognized earlier or a monitor was plugged into the motherboard only or the motherboard and the GPU. Then the GPU might not be recognized anymore as well.

Updating the BIOS from the motherboard and only connecting the GPUs monitor cables might help.
A bios reset by jumper can help as well. After the reset only the GPU should be connected to a monitor.
Even a cable plugged into the motherboard and not to a monitor can trigger such thing.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS