Zotac GTX 970 idle temp 79??? HELP NEEDED....THANKS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shery999

Honorable
Nov 5, 2014
Hi, Need some urgent advice here. I have got a zotac gtx 970 on asus z87 mobo and i7 4770k cpu. Recently I have noticed that my gpu temp has been real high. It stays at 79c most of the time while idle. By idle I mean that I am just using the pc for browsing internet and watching youtube vids and stuff. Even though I bought this gpu card I never play any games on my pc. So can anyone help me understand why my gpu temp is mostly 79c at idle and what can i do to lower it. Thanks for all the help.

Solution
generally GPU driver software show fan speed and temps with load. you could check that out.

another thing to check is if your fan is actually spinning on the PGU itself.

FIRST THING... when was the last time that you dusted out your computer? what's your CPU temp?

gussrtk

Honorable
generally GPU driver software show fan speed and temps with load. you could check that out.

another thing to check is if your fan is actually spinning on the PGU itself.

FIRST THING... when was the last time that you dusted out your computer? what's your CPU temp?

Solution

Shery999

Honorable
Nov 5, 2014

I dusted my pc couple of weeks back. Removed the fans cleaned them up and all. My cpu temp doesn't go higher than 35, but i'd say it averages between 26c. But my gpu goes as high as 79. I just opened the case and removed the gpu and refit it. For now that seems to be working as for last 20 minutes it hasn't gone higher than 29c. I think I may have fixed it because before the gpu seemed a bit loose as if it hadn't settled into the slot perfectly before. But now its installed firmly and i think i may have not applied enough pressure when fitting the last time i removed it to clean the dust. Lets see how it goes for now.

Status
Not open for further replies.