Zotac Introduces GeForce GTX 750 Ti Thunderbolt GPU

Status
Not open for further replies.

thundervore

Distinguished
Dec 13, 2011
I always wanted a Zotac GPU but now I think MSI have surpassed them. I remember back in the day when Zotac was the only brand on the market that gave you more video outputs that you knew what to do with which was awesome as other brands were just giving you 2 DVI or a DVI and a VGA lol. Now everyone gives at least 4 video outputs so the Zotac boat has sailed and I missed it.

frank the tank

Distinguished
Oct 18, 2011
I was hoping from the title that zotac made a thunderbolt external 750TI for use in laptops. i think the idea would work great for ultrabook and laptop gamers.

random753

Reputable
Mar 20, 2014
They will sell a lot of those to people who think they are buying a Thunderbolt enabled card. I am surprised a well known company would do that. They will have to decide if the extra profit is worth the complaints and returns and damage to the integrity of the company.

Yearlaren

Reputable
Mar 21, 2014
I can't believe you guys mix up GPU and Graphics Card. Zotac can't make a GPU. Nvidia does them. Zotac uses them to manufacture graphics cards.

nirdes

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2013
Well, the writer is forgiven for the misleading title ;-D. But I gotta say, this is hilarious. I opened this article solely because of the title. A card based on thunderbolt interface sounded fascinating indeed.

Jaxem

Honorable
I can't believe you guys mix up GPU and Graphics Card. Zotac can't make a GPU. Nvidia does them. Zotac uses them to manufacture graphics cards.
Actually, either one would be a Graphics Processing unit, it just depends on what unit you're talking about since the card is a unit as well. If you want to get specific, It's the GPU die or wafer that you're knit picking about, so you're ambiguous too.Don't join the community just to leave disparaging remarks that are helpful to no one.

thundervore

Distinguished
Dec 13, 2011
Actually, either one would be a Graphics Processing unit, it just depends on what unit you're talking about since the card is a unit as well. If you want to get specific, It's the GPU die or wafer that you're knit picking about, so you're ambiguous too.Don't join the community just to leave disparaging remarks that are helpful to no one.
Exactly!! People also call the computer the CPU, the Central Processing Unit is not just the Intel or AMD chip that is inside the computer, it is also the entire box you plug everything into lol.

bemused_fred

Honorable
Feb 18, 2012
Unfortunately, this highly-clocked GTX 750 Ti card won't be coming to the U.S. market.
Useful...
Hey, imagine how people outside the U.S. feel when we can't enter into, oh I dunno EVERY SINGLE COMPETITION ON THIS SITE EVER.[I mean, there are good reasons why we can't but, geez.]
I guess msi took lightning.
I tried putting one of each in my case. The results were very, very frightening.

Drejeck

Honorable
Sep 12, 2013
Zotac and Sapphire are PartnerPC's (or PCPartner) subsidiaries. They are second or third only to Palit, which reigns supreme in sales.I'm in europe and I usually don't see this brand very often, but it's very cool when they appear. For the card itself I don't like when a 161mm pcb gets overhauled to get 250mm or the like of space. It's tiny, keep it tiny.

Drejeck

Honorable
Sep 12, 2013
banish 192bits cards, the 560 570 and 580 prove that 192 bit were very stupid, the 590 was double stupid, there's no need to close the gap with the cut-down gk104, it's always better to have a complete working unit with paired ram controller. the 750 is a GM it's not to be put among others 700's and 600's. it's a rather impressive card, the price is good for the power/performance ratio it has. i'd get it for a killer console htpc. i'm getting a 161mm 750ti to fit inside a Nintendo 8 bit with a i5 4570s and try to fit with a 160w picopsu. it will be an interesting challenge.

dgingeri

Distinguished
Here's a thought on putting TB on a card like this: make a card that uses a PLX bridge with the GPU and a TB interface chip, then integrate the displayport output from the GPU into the TB interface chip. Boom, full TB video card. Sure, it would be expensive, but it would be worth it for some people.

anthony8989

Distinguished
192bit cards are stupid in the high end. For this card it absolutely makes sense . Why put 2 gb vrm to only access 1 gb with 128bit. Also, GM GTx 750 ti can and does get put with other 600/700 cards - it literally replaced the 650 TI Boost in terms of gaming. Which also had 192bit width and performed great in its price range, even with that handicap. 20$ more for a 192bit version and I'd buy for another pc I'm working on.

HKILLER

Honorable
Jan 8, 2013
i just checked some online stores and you can find Overclocked GTX 660 cards for as cheap as 170$ with free shipping and that's a better card than this one.

Gruia Novac

Honorable
Oct 3, 2013
A very powerful 750ti some benchmarks shows that it even beats a 7850 and maybe r7 265? But it's too expensive though.
Don't worry about it, just grab the cheapest GB card and mod its bios.90% of 750ti do 1300 and 6000 with stock voltagemine goes 1400 6600 with 1.2V

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS