Zotac Intros Dual-Core ZBOX Nano VD01 Series

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

As a current "most recently current" ZBOX user, let me say, "I'm thrilled to *finally* see MCE IR receiver integration."

Nothing like bloody USB dongles making a pretty box ... less so.

amk-aka-Phantom

Distinguished
Mar 10, 2011
I'm through with small form-factor solutions. Had four of them with busted LAN ports after last week's thunderstorm. In a full form-factor PC, I'd just add a PCI NIC and forget about it. Here? The whole motherboard has to be replaced.

I'd rather take Zotac mini-ITX Z68/P67 boards - they're way cooler.

halcyon

Splendid
[citation][nom]randomstar[/nom]The real question is, how well does it run windows home server 2011?[/citation]
No, the real question is...will it play Crysis?

AbdullahG

Distinguished
[citation][nom]halcyon[/nom]No, the real question is...will it play Crysis?[/citation]

GPU: VIA Chrome9 graphics processor

CPU: VIA Nano™ X2 U4025 (1.2 GHz, dual-core)

RAM: 2GB DDR3

No.

delazaren

Distinguished
Oct 29, 2009
[citation][nom]amk-aka-phantom[/nom]I'm through with small form-factor solutions. Had four of them with busted LAN ports after last week's thunderstorm. In a full form-factor PC, I'd just add a PCI NIC and forget about it. Here? The whole motherboard has to be replaced.I'd rather take Zotac mini-ITX Z68/P67 boards - they're way cooler.[/citation]

if you have damaged LAN ports but your PCs boot then you could get some usb-lan adaptors. Also for the future you could consider purchasing some lightning protectors for your lan ports. Search ebay for "ethernet lightning surge protector" and you'll find some.

amk-aka-Phantom

Distinguished
Mar 10, 2011

Not mine. This is some of the stuff I got in tech support; and they're all thin clients - I tried USB-LAN adaptors, but not all of them support booting through such a network adaptor, sadly.

ThisIsMe

Distinguished
May 15, 2009
[citation][nom]amk-aka-phantom[/nom]Not mine. This is some of the stuff I got in tech support; and they're all thin clients - I tried USB-LAN adaptors, but not all of them support booting through such a network adaptor, sadly.[/citation]
You really need to go through and make sure that all of the networking equipment is connected to surge suppression equipment so this doesn't happen again. The LAN should all be closed off from future surges at that point. It's most likely that all the ruined pc's were connected to the same unprotected switch. Might also just be a bad switch, and not really lightning.

amk-aka-Phantom

Distinguished
Mar 10, 2011

Not my problem :p

G

Well ? not much said here is there Tom. Zotax has a nano ? wow
I came here hoping to find a little more information than the somewhat useless Zotac site. As one other poster asked, where are the power consumption numbers for this "energy-efficient" computer. There was a time when Tom's Hardware produced such information. I'm seeing more and more tests that don't produce this info.; at a time when this has become a high priority. What do they pay you not to publish power consumption numbers ? You must know we are all looking for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts