Zotac Intros Streambox, RAIDBox for Media Sharing

Status
Not open for further replies.

anonymous_user

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2010
The RAIDbox looks interesting however I would rather see a raid enclosure for 2.5" drives so I could at least use notebook hard drives for mass storage.

BigBodZod

Honorable
Jun 1, 2012
[citation][nom]anxiousinfusion[/nom]I first read "Steambox". I almost thought there was an exciting product release.[/citation]

Yes I thought I read the very same thing, had to read a couple of more times to see it was the word STREAM and not STEAM ;)

Vorador2

Distinguished
Jun 26, 2007
[citation][nom]mousseng[/nom]Hm. What's different between RAID0 and BIG mode?[/citation]

RAID0 splits data evenly across drives without redundancy. It is very fast, but in case of drive failure, you lose all the data.
BIG mode is simply uniting all physical disk so they appear as a single unit.

habaneroit

Honorable
Mar 7, 2013
Mmm... what is the point of a Raidbox?

Keep in mind SSD's already has a fast read/write speed so the RAID 0 is pointless, especially it will just be capped at the max USB3.0 read/write speed (Duh?). SSD's also has a 100+ years life and hardly breaks or file corruption, what's the point of RAID1 mirroring? Why would I spend big money on larger size mSATA SSD's, to mirror them when they already last forever?

Word of advise, make one that supports 2.5" SSD and ditch the RAID support, then you may get some sales.

Status
Not open for further replies.