Zotac Refreshes ZBox M-Series With Intel Skylake Processors

Status
Not open for further replies.

sylentz199

Reputable
Nov 18, 2015
Price is little too steep compared to the usb sticks running full Win10 that are coming from Asus/Intel but the m.2 SSD option is awesome compared to crappy eMMC storage.
No HDMI 2.0 / HDCP 2.2 is a future-proof HTPC killer also...
Don't know that this is compelling enough to compete with the Shield Console at $150-200 either

oakpatch

Reputable
Dec 16, 2015
Yes, this is not as cheap as the USB sticks, but I am guessing that most USB sticks running Windows don't have processors as powerful as this computer does, as many of them use something along the lines of Bay Trail or Cherry Trail, but I haven't been able to find a good benchmark comparison between the i5-6400T and some of these other processors. It might be worth comparing this computer with something like the i5 version of the Gigabyte Brix Pro, which came out a year or so ago but which has a more powerful processor than what stick computers offer, and the barebones model of which I have seen on Amazon for a slightly less than what the barebones model of this one will be going for. Overall, I this computer looks interesting and is worth checking out.

Status
Not open for further replies.