[SOLVED] ZOTAC RTX 2060 AMP! Temperature Condition

orodruin

Honorable
Jan 23, 2019
Hello everyone, I have a Zotac RTX 2060 Amp model video card.
I renewed the thermal pads and thermal paste.
The average temperature I got in the Furmark test ranges from 72-76 degrees.
Is this temperature normal? and It is at the same level in games.

I have nothing to worry about, right?
I will be happy if you inform.

Solution
70-75 is exactly where it should be and where modern GPUs are designed to sit. Most chips will run perfectly fine at 120C+ without issue, but its normal for thermal throttling to kick in about 90C. You want to avoid going above 100C becuase you start to run the risk of causing steam if a little drip of water somehow managed to touch your GPU. Very unusual for that to happen but in very humid environments you never know, which is why they set the thermal throttling limit to 88-90C, to be absolutely certain there's no risk of causing steam, not because that temp is harmful for the chip itself.

Furzumz

Reputable
Nvidia's website states a rtx 2060 can handle up to 88c max and you're below that number which is good

I found two card reviewers testing out the 2060 and they were reporting low to mid 70's temperature ranges which is about on par with your temperature so I think you're fine in my opinion

orodruin

Honorable
Jan 23, 2019
Nvidia's website states a rtx 2060 can handle up to 88c max and you're below that number which is good

I found two card reviewers testing out the 2060 and they were reporting low to mid 70's temperature ranges which is about on par with your temperature so I think you're fine in my opinion

Understood. Isn't that the thermal temperature limit that can reach a maximum of 88 degrees?
I get an average of 70-75 degrees depending on the load in the game. I renewed the thermal pads and paste.

TommyTwoTone66

Prominent
BANNED
Apr 24, 2021
70-75 is exactly where it should be and where modern GPUs are designed to sit. Most chips will run perfectly fine at 120C+ without issue, but its normal for thermal throttling to kick in about 90C. You want to avoid going above 100C becuase you start to run the risk of causing steam if a little drip of water somehow managed to touch your GPU. Very unusual for that to happen but in very humid environments you never know, which is why they set the thermal throttling limit to 88-90C, to be absolutely certain there's no risk of causing steam, not because that temp is harmful for the chip itself.

Solution

Furzumz

Reputable
Understood. Isn't that the thermal temperature limit that can reach a maximum of 88 degrees?
I get an average of 70-75 degrees depending on the load in the game. I renewed the thermal pads and paste.

Yeah its the "maximum GPU temperature" as nvidia puts it

Heat can reduce lifespan of a card so its good to keep it under 88c but your temperatures seem perfectly fine so you're good to go