Question ZOTAC RTX 2060 FAN CONTROL

Jun 19, 2019
My new RTX ZOTAC 2060 AMP, i cant control the speed of my no 2 FAN manually in FireStrom, even in EVGA Precision its show only FAN no 1, theres no FAN no 2, i try manually change the speed in MSI afterburner but only FAN no 1 was speeding up, is it Normal?

When i play game or idle, the FAN no 2 spinning with slow/medium speed and remain unchanged, even the FAN no 1 rising the speed, is it Normal,

is just like only FAN no 1 doing the hardwork, and FAN no 2 doing the slow work

i tested it with TITANFALL 2 1080p 144hz win 10 pro latest version, 144 fps avg temp 70c, max 74c, but the FAN no 2 speed still slow not changing at all, just like idle

sorry for my bad english

thank you

JohnBonhamsGhost

Reputable
Jan 14, 2016
they are both linked to the same setting. it's just a bad idea by Zotac to show it this way in the GUI. both will be running at the stats shown under 1.
watch the card as it in use; you will see both functioning similarly.
if one really isn't spinning you have a definite hardware issue with the card.

Jun 19, 2019
they are both linked to the same setting. it's just a bad idea by Zotac to show it this way in the GUI. both will be running at the stats shown under 1.
watch the card as it in use; you will see both functioning similarly.
if one really isn't spinning you have a definite hardware issue with the card.
so, both FAN should spinning with same speed, if not then i have to returnt it then,

i tried manually put 100% speed but only FAN 1 work, the other FAN just spinning slow, as it in use is all the same, FAN no 2 spinning slower when FAN 1 spinning faster

so i think my card got some issues

Metal Messiah.

Estimable
BANNED
Which Power Supply unit are you using to power this RTX GPU ? List the make/model number. Have you first tried doing a CLEAN re-install of any overclocking tool, be it MSI AB, GPU tweak, PrecisionX etc. ? Just try and see what happens.

First remove and delete ALL previous saved fan curves, profiles, and other OC settings of your GPU, and then do a clean re-install of the GPU drivers, as well as the OC tool. Try to re-seat the GPU back on the PCI-e x16 slot, and make sure all PCI-e cables are connected as well.

Check for any dust settled on the GPU fans, and the PCB.

Jun 19, 2019
Which Power Supply unit are you using to power this RTX GPU ? List the make/model number. Have you first tried doing a CLEAN re-install of any overclocking tool, be it MSI AB, GPU tweak, PrecisionX etc. ? Just try and see what happens.

First remove and delete ALL previous saved fan curves, profiles, and other OC settings of your GPU, and then do a clean re-install of the GPU drivers, as well as the OC tool. Try to re-seat the GPU back on the PCI-e x16 slot, and make sure all PCI-e cables are connected as well.

Check for any dust settled on the GPU fans, and the PCB.
im using seasonic x650 gold

in FireStrom that shown only FAN 1 can be control, i look online, and its normal

but the question is, is it normal that my no 2 FAN is spinning far slower than FAN 1 when its on use, like playing game or when i tried do 100% speed in firestrom only FAN 1 response, FAN 2 still spinning slow

i tried reseat the GPU, its not work

Kamal007v

Reputable
Nov 15, 2014
Yes it is. I came across some posts about this even in a triple fan card one of them operates independent as far as i heard. It's certainly not helping my card. My GPU would hit the max 83 degrees stated by the manufacturer in like 10 minutes if i don't have my AC on be it whatever game which resulted in a fat electricity bill i have never seen in my entire life. I'm past the return window Idk i wanna sell this and buy something else later.

JohnBonhamsGhost

Reputable
Jan 14, 2016
contact Zotac via phone if possible and see what they tell you the options are.
also contact the retailer if need be and request a refund. i wouldn't give them all the facts about the fan issue. if it's already come up multiple times and is known, there's a possibility they may just state that the card is functioning properly and it's up to you to cool the system more aggressively.

...I'm past the return window Idk i wanna sell this and buy something else later.
if Zotac isn't commenting about releasing a software fix or recalling the cards I would sell them ASAP before word starts getting around about the problem. while they're still in "Like New" condition you shouldn't hit too big of a loss on them.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS