[SOLVED] ZOTAC RTX 2060 fans not spinning.

Apr 13, 2021
I've recently noticed that my games start to lag after a few minutes of play, and found out that neither of the 2 fans on my rtx 2060 are spinning. I understand that they will not spin unless under load, but they do not start up even when gpu temps approach 80C. Here's what I've tried so far based on other forum posts:

• Updated the game-ready driver through GeForce experience
  • Installed the latest driver directly from ZOTAC's website
  • Cleaned my gpu with compressed air
  • Made sure the gpu's power cables were properly connected
  • Ran MSI afterburner on both auto and manual modes (neither produced any result even above 70C)
  • Ran ZOTAC's FireStorm tool for fan control (didn't work)
  • Ran UserBenchmark to simulate gpu stress and potentially get the fan to start spinning automatically (didn't work)
  • Ran my finger through both fans to make sure they could actually spin (they could)

After none of these steps worked, the only thing I can think of is to start an RMA with ZOTAC, but I don't want to go through that hassle if there's a simpler fix that I haven't tried yet. Any help is appreciated.

Solution
No, I bought it a couple years ago and it's been performing well until recently. I've checked the pcie and the power cable connection, both of which are fine. I've also tried manual control with no success unfortunately.

The cable that plugs the fan on the GPU. It's a small cable plugged on the GPU PCB. If it's connected your Fan Controller on the GPU is probably busted.

If you install MSI Afterburner and you cannot control the fan at all RMA it.

Amddefector

Reputable
Sep 5, 2020
Is it a new card? It could be something simple like the connection for the fans is not plugged in, or loose. If you can see it check that it's not loose. If you have manually set the fans to full and they still don't spin then its probably a problem with the card it's self rather than software.

Apr 13, 2021
Is it a new card? It could be something simple like the connection for the fans is not plugged in, or loose. If you can see it check that it's not loose. If you have manually set the fans to full and they still don't spin then its probably a problem with the card it's self rather than software.
No, I bought it a couple years ago and it's been performing well until recently. I've checked the pcie and the power cable connection, both of which are fine. I've also tried manual control with no success unfortunately.

The cable that plugs the fan on the GPU. It's a small cable plugged on the GPU PCB. If it's connected your Fan Controller on the GPU is probably busted.

If you install MSI Afterburner and you cannot control the fan at all RMA it.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS