[SOLVED] Zotac RTX 2060 Super Mini having high temperatures and noisy

Jul 25, 2020
Hello guys!
5 Days ago I got a new PC, with specs:
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 (Stock cooler)
GPU: Zotac RTX 2060 Super Mini 8GB GDDR6
RAM: HyperX Predator (2x8gb) 16gb
PSU: PSU Xilence RedWing R7 700W
Motherboard: Biostar Racing X470GTQ (X470 chipset)

So basically after I got it I have made some stress testing in Furmark to check if everything is ok with my GPU, after like 5 minutes my GPU went to 80 degrees (C) and my GPU was a bit noisy, I said ok it is probably just the stress test, after that I played Battlefield 5 with everything on ultra + raytracing on, after like 10 minutes my GPU jumps to 78-80 degrees (C) and the gpu was kinda noisy for me, I check with my phone (db meter), put my phone near my case and it was 45db. I'm a little bit worried about my GPU at being at this kind of high temps, and also it is noisy. But at my PC store where I bought I can return my item before 14 days of my purchase. I'm thinking to return my Zotac RTX 2060 Super Mini and get a little more expensive Gigabyte RTX 2060 SUPER Gaming OC 3X 8Gb DDR6 which I think should do better in temps and in noise. Is it a good decision to do?

Solution
Since you bought the mini the fans are smaller and will work a bit harder. check the fan settings you can change them manually if you need to but remember lower fan speeds = higher gpu temps under load

uppercut4u

Reputable
Mar 22, 2018
Since you bought the mini the fans are smaller and will work a bit harder. check the fan settings you can change them manually if you need to but remember lower fan speeds = higher gpu temps under load

Solution