[SOLVED] Zotac RTX 2070 Mini Cooling

xyloosepwr

Prominent
Mar 7, 2019
I've started experience high temps while playing games with this gpu. (77c-84c) and i thinking to buy some aftermarket gpu cooler like Accelero Twin Turbo III but i think its not compatible with my gpu because of the metal backplate on gpu. Also gpu is very loud and i really need a solution to make it less noisy. I have 2 Noctua NF-F12 PWM fans which i don't use but i don't know does they fit properly on the card and is that a good idea? Any other suggestions? I am not really interested for water cooling and i don't really care about warranty.

Solution
You can get paranoid about temperatures.
Yes, you can do better, but does 7c. really make a difference?
I think no since you are now in a reasonable range.
The mesh panel is a good option, if you can buy one.
You would hear more noise with mesh.
You can get obsessed with noise reduction too.
If noise is not an issue, you can use front intake fans that are considerably more powerful than the typical 1200 rpm units.
Your temperatures are nominal for a graphics card working under load.
If the fans are noisy, it is because they need to spin fast to keep your temperatures around 80c.
What is the make/model of your case?
What is your cpu and cooler?

I think any aftermarket gpu cooler is not likely to do much good.
What might help is to get more cooling air into your case so that the cooling fans can be more effective.
See what happens if you take the case covers off.

xyloosepwr

Prominent
Mar 7, 2019
Your temperatures are nominal for a graphics card working under load.
If the fans are noisy, it is because they need to spin fast to keep your temperatures around 80c.
What is the make/model of your case?
What is your cpu and cooler?

I think any aftermarket gpu cooler is not likely to do much good.
What might help is to get more cooling air into your case so that the cooling fans can be more effective.
See what happens if you take the case covers off.
PC case is CoolerMaster Masterbox 5 MSI Edition (Case known for bad airflow) few months ago i decided to upgrade with 3 new 120m fans on front, also i have another 120m fan on back and i removed front panel from case for better airflow and cpu temps dropped for 4C. CPU is i7 9700k (4.8 OC) paired with bequet! DarkRock Pro 4 Cooler. CPU temp is 31-34 idle. Highest recorded CPU temp was in FarCry 5 58C. Usually is 49-55c while gaming. Motherboard is Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Elite.

Last edited:
I don't know where you get the idea that your case is known for bad cooling.
It looks just fine to me.
In fact, better than fine.
You have plenty of front intake capability and your idle and operating temperatures are very good.
75c. under load for the cpu is fine. 85c for a stress test is ok.
The gpu manages it's own temperature and will spin up the cooling fans to provide the best possible performance while maintaining about a 80c. temperature.
Do not try to fix something that is not broken.

xyloosepwr

Prominent
Mar 7, 2019
I don't know where you get the idea that your case is known for bad cooling.
It looks just fine to me.
In fact, better than fine.
You have plenty of front intake capability and your idle and operating temperatures are very good.
75c. under load for the cpu is fine. 85c for a stress test is ok.
The gpu manages it's own temperature and will spin up the cooling fans to provide the best possible performance while maintaining about a 80c. temperature.
Do not try to fix something that is not broken.
Problem is a front panel on the case. Temps on gpu and cpu significantly dropped after removing front panel, especially gpu temps 4-7c. Replacement for front panel exist but its out of stock on cooler master web. Its a mesh front panel. https://www.cmstore.eu/spare-parts/masterbox-5-front-panel-mesh-short/

You can get paranoid about temperatures.
Yes, you can do better, but does 7c. really make a difference?
I think no since you are now in a reasonable range.
The mesh panel is a good option, if you can buy one.
You would hear more noise with mesh.
You can get obsessed with noise reduction too.
If noise is not an issue, you can use front intake fans that are considerably more powerful than the typical 1200 rpm units.

Solution