Question Zotac Rtx 3060 ti Gpu clock

Oct 19, 2022
Hi,
I use zotac rtx 3060 ti gpu.. my gpu clock does not reach 1995 or 2010 now... initially it did worked fine and the gpu boost use to reach to its top level around 1995 to 2010 mhz... until i did something change in the settings.. now i reset all the settings back to default but the boost is not coming back.. now its reaching to 1950 most.. but stays often 1935.... is there any solution for it.. please i would be very glad to get back my gpu performance.. asking help..

Oct 19, 2022
Can you share with us the rest of your system, including the PSU brand and model?

When you said you changed some setting, was this on nvidia control panel, msi afterburner, or some other software?

Also just to get a view of your current performance, can you run userbenchmark and post the full result link here (https://www.userbenchmark.com/)

Sure. My Specs are AMD Ryzen 5 3600, PSU AS ROCK 80+ Bronze 650w, Nvidia Zotac RTX 3060 ti, RAM 16 GB 3200 Mhz, SSD 256 GB M.2 Nvme, HDD 1 TB, Motherboard AS Rock B550m Pro4.

Yes i changed in the NVIDIA CONTROL PANEL.. and again i restored all in default..

The Benchmark results are:

AMD Ryzen 5 3600-$135
723,542 User benchmarks, average bench 83%
AM4, 1 CPU, 6 cores, 12 threads
Base clock 3.6 GHz, turbo 3.9 GHz (avg)

Performing above expectations (62nd percentile)

Nvidia GeForce RTX 3060 Ti
2,707 User benchmarks, average bench 130%
Zotac(19DA 6630) ≥ 4GB
CLim: 2160 MHz, MLim: 3500 MHz, Ram: 8GB, Driver: 522.25

Team TM8FP6256G 256GB
3,616 User benchmarks, average bench 183%
132GB free (System drive)
Firmware: S0614B0
SusWrite @10s intervals: 497 373 308 352 362 295 MB/s

Toshiba DT01ACA100 1TB-$29
763,289 User benchmarks, average bench 84%
629GB free
Firmware: MS2OA750
SusWrite @10s intervals: 98 105 104 106 107 104 MB/s

Unknown DDR4 8GB 3200MHz 2x8GB
125 User benchmarks, average bench 77%
2 of 4 slots used
16GB DIMM DDR4 clocked @ 3200 MHz

These are mentioned.. Thank you for responding very quick dear friend....

My Apologies... PSU brand is ANTEC VP 650P 80 PLUS BRONZE...

This PSU is really on the low end of PSU tiers (TIER D -> https://forums.tomshardware.com/thr...er-list-rev-14-8-final-update-jul-21.3624094/), I would really think about getting a stronger PSU for this system. Not sure if this could be part of the issue yet.

How long have you got the new RTX 3060TI, and how long since you have this issue?

About the control panel settings, I would download the newest nvidia drivers, and then donwload DDU (https://www.guru3d.com/files-details/display-driver-uninstaller-download.html)

Run DDU following the instructions on the guru3d site (I would really try the safe mode since it can perform a better clean).

Then reset your system and install the newest drivers, cross fingers and see if it fixed the issue!

PD: It wont hurt to check Toshiba 1TB HDD health using crystal disk info portable (https://portableapps.com/apps/utilities/crystaldiskinfo_portable) and also check if you are using a SATA 2 cable, instead of a SATA 3.

Oct 19, 2022
This PSU is really on the low end of PSU tiers (TIER D -> https://forums.tomshardware.com/thr...er-list-rev-14-8-final-update-jul-21.3624094/), I would really think about getting a stronger PSU for this system. Not sure if this could be part of the issue yet.

How long have you got the new RTX 3060TI, and how long since you have this issue?

About the control panel settings, I would download the newest nvidia drivers, and then donwload DDU (https://www.guru3d.com/files-details/display-driver-uninstaller-download.html)

Run DDU following the instructions on the guru3d site (I would really try the safe mode since it can perform a better clean).

Then reset your system and install the newest drivers, cross fingers and see if it fixed the issue!

PD: It wont hurt to check Toshiba 1TB HDD health using crystal disk info portable (https://portableapps.com/apps/utilities/crystaldiskinfo_portable) and also check if you are using a SATA 2 cable, instead of a SATA 3.

I already did the DDU thing. MY GPU is only 8 months old. and i m just facing this issue recently just after upgrading from windows 10 to windows 11 (Genuine version).. updated the bios for the TPM 2.0 vesion in order to upgrade from win 10 to 11. the incident is just 2 days old...

Should i reinstall my windows to old one again?? make everything like before???

I already did the DDU thing. MY GPU is only 8 months old. and i m just facing this issue recently just after upgrading from windows 10 to windows 11 (Genuine version).. updated the bios for the TPM 2.0 vesion in order to upgrade from win 10 to 11. the incident is just 2 days old...

Should i reinstall my windows to old one again?? make everything like before???

Ok hold on, because now you are giving a lot more data to take in consideration.

In Windows 10 this never happend?, You upgraded to Windows 11 just to try?, is this correct?

If so, did the GPU ever performed well on Windows 11?

Oct 19, 2022
Ok hold on, because now you are giving a lot more data to take in consideration.

In Windows 10 this never happend?, You upgraded to Windows 11 just to try?, is this correct?

If so, did the GPU ever performed well on Windows 11?

I guess u got that right.. after upgrading to win 11 in every game the gpu clock did not reach in the 1995 mhz.. before it was normal in windows 10.. and i m also concerned with upgrading my bios version if it had any effect...

I guess u got that right.. after upgrading to win 11 in every game the gpu clock did not reach in the 1995 mhz.. before it was normal in windows 10.. and i m also concerned with upgrading my bios version if it had any effect...

BIOS could be realted but it will be a long shot.

So you ran DDU on the upgraded PC with Windows 11 in Safe Mode? And to clarify you never made a clean install of Windows 11 ?

Oct 19, 2022
BIOS could be realted but it will be a long shot.

So you ran DDU on the upgraded PC with Windows 11 in Safe Mode? And to clarify you never made a clean install of Windows 11 ?

Yeah i did it in safe mode.. performed a clean installation again.. but the result is same..

I did not clean install windows 11.. i just upgraded from Win 10 to win 11 as the update came in the system..

What should i do now?

Yeah i did it in safe mode.. performed a clean installation again.. but the result is same..

I did not clean install windows 11.. i just upgraded from Win 10 to win 11 as the update came in the system..

What should i do now?

From my humble point of view you have at least five choices:

1. Donwload MSI afterburner, setup the OSD, go play a game for 30 mins and see how the CPU and GPU temps are.

2. Stay as you are now, and keep using the system if the performance in games is basically the same as with Win 10 (hoping that by the time you do a fresh clean install of Win 11 the issue is resolved).

3. Go back to Windows 10, and if the issues still there perform a fresh clean install and check again.

4. Make a fresh install of Winodws 11 now, to see if the issues gets fixed that way (only if you really like and need Windows 11).

5. Upgrade your BIOS version and see how it goes, but considering you BIOS date seems to be around May 2022, maybe theres no new BIOS available.

Whatever you do, this is your choice after all, I suggest you backup all your important files and data. Going foward and backwards on Windows versions can cause issues and its always welcome to have a backup just in case.

And I will also consider a new PSU from the top tier later on.

Oct 19, 2022
From my humble point of view you have at least five choices:

1. Donwload MSI afterburner, setup the OSD, go play a game for 30 mins and see how the CPU and GPU temps are.

2. Stay as you are now, and keep using the system if the performance in games is basically the same as with Win 10 (hoping that by the time you do a fresh clean install of Win 11 the issue is resolved).

3. Go back to Windows 10, and if the issues still there perform a fresh clean install and check again.

4. Make a fresh install of Winodws 11 now, to see if the issues gets fixed that way (only if you really like and need Windows 11).

5. Upgrade your BIOS version and see how it goes, but considering you BIOS date seems to be around May 2022, maybe theres no new BIOS available.

Whatever you do, this is your choice after all, I suggest you backup all your important files and data. Going foward and backwards on Windows versions can cause issues and its always welcome to have a backup just in case.

And I will also consider a new PSU from the top tier later on.

My Friend. after i downgraded my windows from 11 to 10 now it works fine again now.. i guess win 11 caused a lot of problem.. including my cpu performance..

Reactions: RodroX
My Friend. after i downgraded my windows from 11 to 10 now it works fine again now.. i guess win 11 caused a lot of problem.. including my cpu performance..

Glad you got it working again!!!

Perhaps Windows 11 was not the issue, but the upgrade to it. Maybe a clean install of Windows 11 would work just fine.

I'm still on Windows 10, no rush to go to Windows 11 for now. I'am thinking about moving my HTPC to Windows 11 as a try out.

Oct 19, 2022
Glad you got it working again!!!

Perhaps Windows 11 was not the issue, but the upgrade to it. Maybe a clean install of Windows 11 would work just fine.

I'm still on Windows 10, no rush to go to Windows 11 for now. I'am thinking about moving my HTPC to Windows 11 as a try out.

My humble thanks to u my friend for ur time... i will keep it in mind bout u said about win 11.. no rushing.. 😊

Reactions: RodroX

TRENDING THREADS