[SOLVED] zotac rtx 3080 trinity fans

Dec 17, 2020
hi,

i just bought zotac rtx 3080 trinity and the fans are spinning like 5-7 sec & stop for 1-2 sec spinning 5-7 sec & stop for 1-2 sec.

the temp is 57 and im not in game.

it is ok? its work like that all the time? i wondering if the fans need to spin when the gpu get hotter and stop when he reach the normal temp

thanks for help

Solution
so i did it on 30% but the gpu get hotter now.. like 68-70 it is ok?
Yes.

why the gpu get that warm if im even not in game?
Because the system is never truly idle, and the GDDR6 memory(on old 2070 Super) has higher operating thermals than the GDDR5 & R5X found on the popular Pascal(10 series) cards.
RTX 3080 is equipped with GDDR6X memory.

It doesn't have to be 30%, but find a curve you're comfortable with.
The bottom line is that the default curve is disruptive and not great for the health of the fan motor if it's constantly on/off like that.
Dec 17, 2020
i think there is problem with the gpu cuz the fans are never stop to spin the card always get warm and the fans always spin to save it on 55-57 (on msi afterburn the fan speed on AUTO)

my old msi 2070 super even when i was in game the fans was not spinning

thanks for the help

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
so i did it on 30% but the gpu get hotter now.. like 68-70 it is ok?
Yes.

Because the system is never truly idle, and the GDDR6 memory(on old 2070 Super) has higher operating thermals than the GDDR5 & R5X found on the popular Pascal(10 series) cards.
RTX 3080 is equipped with GDDR6X memory.

It doesn't have to be 30%, but find a curve you're comfortable with.
The bottom line is that the default curve is disruptive and not great for the health of the fan motor if it's constantly on/off like that.

Solution