Zotac Showcases Two Of The World's Smallest GeForce GTX 1080 Ti GPUs

Status
Not open for further replies.

dstarr3

Distinguished

Usually reducing the size of these things increases the cost, sometimes significantly, and if your case can accommodate the larger versions, why not save the money.

bloodroses

Distinguished

Bigger cards usually have more overclocking headroom since more elaborate (larger) cooling solutions can be used as well as more fans.

voodoochicken

Distinguished
Dec 11, 2009

Need to see some reviews. Other manufacturers would have competing products already, but Zotec tries to cut corners and is priced accordingly

ledhead11

Reputable
Oct 10, 2014

I agree. I've read countless articles about their cards over the years and know people who use them exclusively but I have a hard time remembering any PC's.

oop ack! Bill the Cat for president!!!

Decends

Respectable
Jul 3, 2016

Zotac makes motherboards? huh, never heard about that till now.

LINUS made a very small PC with the GTX1080 version of the above cooler (which he had to cut the end off):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c3mwmZe55BA&t=411s

However, MSI got really bad reviews for a GTX1080Ti product they released that swapped their GTX1080 fan solution over as there wasn't enough cooling. I'd be concerned this would be an issue here with ZOTAC, or at the very least you'd probably need to be very, very careful with what case you put it in.

(the above small case is a bit misleading as it's probably got more cooling than most big cases... though this case wasn't quite big enough hence the MOD)

Status
Not open for further replies.