News Zotac Zone gaming handheld goes up for pre-order at $799 — Ryzen 7 8870U powered-device features hall sensors, macro switches, and a webcam

Status
Not open for further replies.

DS426

Upstanding
May 15, 2024
Nice! Small note: the Zone has 2/3 the RAM of the Ally, not half
^ This. I was started to think "oh no, I'm completely out if this thing only has 12 GB of RAM," then come to find out it has 16 GB. That's "sufficient," particularly for a 1080P handheld gaming device, though I personally still prefer 24-32 GB on any Windows PC gaming machine I play on today.

Yes, the market is just starting to get saturated, which should be good for the consumer has prices will be driven down. There's still a fair amount of differentiation amongst handheld PC's, even if the differences aren't earth-shattering. Zotac definitely carved out their own product here. Me, I do prefer the larger RAM and SSD sizes, though ASUS isn't quite off my sh*tlist yet, lol.

So, uh, where's Gigabyte on this?

kealii123

Proper
Nov 3, 2023
I've stuck with my steamdeck because I'm one of those rare users who loves/needs the touchpads. It would be great to upgrade, except these touchpads are too low and probabl impractical for FPS use.

Status
Not open for further replies.