Zotac's Watercooled GeForce GTX 285

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

That is one sweet card :) looks like it could even be single slot if it was not for the dual bracket on the rear. I Want Water Cooling

geminireaper

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2007
Ravenware why point out an inferior card. Sure if you look at it from a price per fps category the 4870 wins however if money is no object the 285 is much faster.

ravenware

Distinguished
May 17, 2005
[citation][nom]geminireaper[/nom]Ravenware why point out an inferior card. Sure if you look at it from a price per fps category the 4870 wins however if money is no object the 285 is much faster.[/citation]

The point is how biased this site is becoming.

ATI has water cooled cards too(saphire released one a couple years ago). ATI has just many manufacturers making useful and useless video card modifications.

The point is this zotac card is not news, what they should do round up the cards to see what if any real performance impact they have.

Claimintru

Distinguished
Aug 4, 2008
Might be news if ATI was the fastest Single GPU card on the planet right now, but its not. This made news because it lets an already blazing fast card with none of the ugly SLI or Crossfire issues be pushed even faster.

ATI got plenty of coverage with the 4850/4870 release when price/performance wise it devastated Nvidia's offerings. Quit being a ranting fanboy Raven.

[citation][nom]Claimintru[/nom]ATI got plenty of coverage with the 4850/4870 release when price/performance wise it devastated Nvidia's offerings. Quit being a ranting fanboy Raven.[/citation]

I second you, my friend.

falchard

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2008
When you take out gaming as a factor and just look at the computational power of the cards. The HD4870 is ontop. I think the reason nVidia is so ravely reviewed is because it sets up contracts with game studios and has them develop the game a certain way to make their card superior. AMD really does not do this and its the shortcoming of a great card.
I find it hard to believe why game studios have not adopted onto AMD cards starting at the HD3870 because of the power you have with them. DX10.1, higher vertex calculation power, tesselators. Its simply surprising the only DX10.1 supported game dropped it because it was performing too good.

curnel_D

Distinguished
Jun 5, 2007
This isnt a matter of fanboism, but something totally different completely. This is just advertisement that should be in the little flash bars at the top and sides of the site, not in the articles.

Sure, announce a watercooled GTX285, but not until it's released, and you have a chance to compare it both to normal cooling solutions and competitor watercooling comparisons.

But Falchard has alot of good ideas. Nvidia has abused their place in the market. And no one can doubt that.

lamorpa

Distinguished
Apr 30, 2008
Is it me? This article, titled Zotac's Watercooled... (card), states that the overclocked card is overclocked and is available in an overclocked version, and that the watercooled card is watercooled and comes in a watercooled version (and this watercooled version will be overclocked). Which is it? : 1) Paid by the word? 2) No editing whatsoever?

JumpKickJoe

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2009
[citation][nom]falchard[/nom]When you take out gaming as a factor and just look at the computational power of the cards. The HD4870 is ontop. I think the reason nVidia is so ravely reviewed is because it sets up contracts with game studios and has them develop the game a certain way to make their card superior. AMD really does not do this and its the shortcoming of a great card.I find it hard to believe why game studios have not adopted onto AMD cards starting at the HD3870 because of the power you have with them. DX10.1, higher vertex calculation power, tesselators. Its simply surprising the only DX10.1 supported game dropped it because it was performing too good.[/citation]

[citation][nom]Curnel_D[/nom]This isnt a matter of fanboism, but something totally different completely. This is just advertisement that should be in the little flash bars at the top and sides of the site, not in the articles. Sure, announce a watercooled GTX285, but not until it's released, and you have a chance to compare it both to normal cooling solutions and competitor watercooling comparisons. But Falchard has alot of good ideas. Nvidia has abused their place in the market. And no one can doubt that.[/citation]

No doubt about it. NVIDIA has done some ballsness in the industry that is totally unacceptable. The amount of games I haved played that have the "Nvidia...The way it's meant to be played" video in it makes me wonder how much $$$$ they shell out to game studios in order to make their products look like they are the best of the best. We all know they have re-named and recycled their stuff just to get the upper hand. It's nothing new to the industry, but that level of deception that they reached to, as well as their blackouts of certain reveiwers of their hardware makes me totally against them.

Don't be too surprised if you see this GTX 285 come out as a BMX 1000 or ABC 123 some ballsness like that.

grieve

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2004
I guess this is news…

I know if I were building a waterloop today I would just purchase whatever vid card I wanted and get a waterblock to match.

I do like that fact that companies are recognizing there is a market out there for factory built water cooled components (small market).

A Stoner

Distinguished
Jan 19, 2009
I like this idea, but like many posters have already said, watercooled from factory video cards are nothing new. In fact there was a selfcontained watercooled card.

bydesign

Distinguished
Nov 2, 2006
Can it out pace my 4870x2, in anything? If not I'm not sure that I care. Right now Nvidea is in pretty sad shape and may not survive this recession. Their cards are way over priced and not really giving you a good reason to pay it. My guess is this card will run at least $100 over the stock one and that puts it in direct competition with the 4870x2 which the overpriced GTX 295 trades blows with.

Claimintru

Distinguished
Aug 4, 2008
"Right now Nvidea is in pretty sad shape and may not survive this recession."

Nvidia posted a Net Income of over 750 Million dollars for 2008. Ati/AMD posted a Net *Loss* of over 3 Billion. Explain please?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS