Question Zowie FK1 mouse wheel button registers multiple clicks when clicking once.

opel65

Distinguished
Mar 26, 2011
Hello,

I've been having an issue with my Zowie mouse for a couple of weeks now.
The mouse wheel button which I usually use to open up a new tab in Chrome has been acting up lately.
It randomly sometimes opens 2,3,4 even 5 tabs with one click. Also annoying when closing tabs with the mouse wheel button, as it will close multiple tabs if I choose to close a tab in the middle of multiple tabs.
Obviously something is wrong with the button, I've had the mouse for about 4 years now.

I have been looking for a way to fix this issue or alternatively increase the time required for another click to register with this specific button.
Has anyone encountered this bug before?

I have not altered any settings at all (Zowie mice - at least this model - doesn't have software, it's just plug-and-use).
Should I let it go and get a new one or is there a way to fix this?

Thanks!

holmesc

Distinguished
Jul 21, 2016
Hello,

I've been having an issue with my Zowie mouse for a couple of weeks now.
The mouse wheel button which I usually use to open up a new tab in Chrome has been acting up lately.
It randomly sometimes opens 2,3,4 even 5 tabs with one click. Also annoying when closing tabs with the mouse wheel button, as it will close multiple tabs if I choose to close a tab in the middle of multiple tabs.
Obviously something is wrong with the button, I've had the mouse for about 4 years now.

I have been looking for a way to fix this issue or alternatively increase the time required for another click to register with this specific button.
Has anyone encountered this bug before?

I have not altered any settings at all (Zowie mice - at least this model - doesn't have software, it's just plug-and-use).
Should I let it go and get a new one or is there a way to fix this?

Thanks!

From my experience Zowie mouse have been pretty poor in build quality. Like the guy above said, you might have to move onto another mouse.
Logitech mice are usually the most durable. Problem is finding the right size for your hand.