Zowie FK2 Mouse Issue

rafcsgo

Commendable
Dec 4, 2016
I have the original Zowie Fk2 mouse with the yellow scroll wheel as shown:

http://images.bit-tech.net/content_images/2015/01/zowie-fk2-review/fk2-1b.jpg

To give you some specs, the mouse is a plug and play mouse and requires no drivers. DPI can be changed with a button under the mouse in which the LED color indicates what DPI the mouse is currently set to. To change mouse HZ/polling rate, you need to unplug the mouse, hold down either mouse 4 or 5 or 4+5, and then plug it in, in which the mouse will change to either 500hz, 1000hz, or 125hz accordingly.

However, something very interesting is happening in which when I plug in the mouse to any USB port on my PC, Windows 10 says that it has malfunctioned. I checked device manager and the error code is 10, and says it could not start. I have tried various solutions like un-installing the driver that is not working and restarting the computer but it still gives me the same message after the driver gets re-installed.

Here's where the interesting bit comes in. I tried it on my laptop and it still gives the same message. However, when I tried it on my brother's PC, connecting it through a USB hub on his Corsair Strafe keyboard, it worked perfectly fine. With this in mind, I connected it through my own keyboard's hub (Steelseries 7g) and it WORKED!

Here's another weird thing however. When I change the mouse HZ, on my brother's keyboard's USB hub, it works perfectly fine. I unplug the mouse, hold down mouse 4, and re-plug it in, and no problems. However, when I try the same thing (change mouse HZ) through my keyboard's USB hub, it malfunctions again and doesn't work unless I unplug and re-plug it in without pressing any buttons.

Some background info that may be useful to know:

- Both PCs are Windows 10
- My keyboard does not have any drivers while my brother's (Corsair Strafe) does, in which he has downloaded on his computer
- My motherboard only has USB 3.0 slots
- My brother's USB hub is connected to a USB 2.0 slot
- My mouse does not work on my laptop's USB 2.0 slots

If anyone even has a clue why the mouse FULLY works only 1 circumstance (tracks and can change mouse HZ), but doesn't in all the rest please let me know how to fix it.

Thanks!

Edit: I connected my brother's keyboard to my computer, and connected my mouse through its USB hub, and it works perfectly. It changes polling rate fine, and there are no malfunctions. Why is it that the Corsair Strafe USB hub allows the mouse to fully function properly, but not my own, Steelseries 7g? Thanks.

Solution
1| The USB port on the Strafe is not a hub but a pass through.
2| You mentioned a laptop, so does that mean that all three test computing device's are Windows 10?
3| When posting a thread of troubleshooting nature, it's customary to include your full system's specs(inclusive of your peripheral and OS) and in this case it means specs for all three computing device's to rule out factors or take them into account.
4| Have you made sure your motherboard BIOS is up to date? You should likewise see if your USB/chipset drivers need reinstalling(after uninstalling).
5| Are all three computing device's upgraded from an older OS or did you install Windows 10 with a licence key?

Lutfij

Titan
1| The USB port on the Strafe is not a hub but a pass through.
2| You mentioned a laptop, so does that mean that all three test computing device's are Windows 10?
3| When posting a thread of troubleshooting nature, it's customary to include your full system's specs(inclusive of your peripheral and OS) and in this case it means specs for all three computing device's to rule out factors or take them into account.
4| Have you made sure your motherboard BIOS is up to date? You should likewise see if your USB/chipset drivers need reinstalling(after uninstalling).
5| Are all three computing device's upgraded from an older OS or did you install Windows 10 with a licence key?

Solution