ZTE Announces High-End Grand S Smartphone

Status
Not open for further replies.

house70

Splendid
Side-view shows the immense waste of valuable estate under that camera lens lip that could have housed a decent battery. Screen is perfect size and CPU is better at saving power if throttled properly than a dual-core. Even so, such a small capacity battery can not last a day, esp. given the LTE radio. So far, Huawei has a better device (arguably the best presented so far at CES).

house70

Splendid
[citation][nom]iKyunG[/nom]Is the 1780 mah battery removable?[/citation]
It is not, according to the article:
" Its thin uni-body design, which measures at 6.9mm, prevents the battery from being removable."
Stupid race to the thinnest phone ever.

house70

Splendid
[citation][nom]g-unit1111[/nom]13MP on a cell phone camera and it's $5K? Why not just buy a Galaxy SII for $200 and a Nikon SLR camera for $2500 and keep the difference?[/citation]
What are you talking about?

g-unit1111

Titan

I'm saying it's stupid to pay that much for a smart phone with a good camera - and especially since no matter what carrier you go with, the 4G LTE connection will still suck. :ange:

halcyon

Splendid
Dec 4, 2004
[citation][nom]g-unit1111[/nom]especially since no matter what carrier you go with, the 4G LTE connection will still suck.[/citation]
I have Verizon and the 4G service I have leaves nothing to complain about (could be cheaper I guess). I just don't get that the market research snow's that consumers would rather have a thinner phone vs. a higher-capacity/removable battery. Samsung is the only top-end maker that is not getting this wrong.

jazz84

Distinguished
Mar 24, 2010
[citation][nom]g-unit1111[/nom]I'm saying it's stupid to pay that much for a smart phone with a good camera - and especially since no matter what carrier you go with, the 4G LTE connection will still suck.[/citation]

I think the question was regarding where you came up with that price, seeing as the manufacturer hasn't even officially confirmed it yet. Source, please.

tarzan2001

Distinguished
Dec 20, 2009
[citation][nom]g-unit1111[/nom]13MP on a cell phone camera and it's $5K? Why not just buy a Galaxy SIII for $200 and a Nikon SLR camera for $2500 and keep the difference?[/citation]

How do you know it costs $5000? And why would any company sell a regular smartphone that costs $5000??? I think you probably saw $500 written on some other site, and confused it for $5000 (thus referring to it as costing "$5K"). At $500 it's not a bad deal for a phone with those specs, though personally I'm concerned about the battery size, and the fact that the battery is not removable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

Latest posts