ZTE Announces High-End Grand S Smartphone

Status
Not open for further replies.
Side-view shows the immense waste of valuable estate under that camera lens lip that could have housed a decent battery. Screen is perfect size and CPU is better at saving power if throttled properly than a dual-core. Even so, such a small capacity battery can not last a day, esp. given the LTE radio. So far, Huawei has a better device (arguably the best presented so far at CES).

[citation][nom]iKyunG[/nom]Is the 1780 mah battery removable?[/citation]
It is not, according to the article:
" Its thin uni-body design, which measures at 6.9mm, prevents the battery from being removable."
Stupid race to the thinnest phone ever.

[citation][nom]g-unit1111[/nom]13MP on a cell phone camera and it's $5K? Why not just buy a Galaxy SII for $200 and a Nikon SLR camera for $2500 and keep the difference?[/citation]
What are you talking about?

g-unit1111

Titan

I'm saying it's stupid to pay that much for a smart phone with a good camera - and especially since no matter what carrier you go with, the 4G LTE connection will still suck. :ange:

halcyon

Splendid
[citation][nom]g-unit1111[/nom]especially since no matter what carrier you go with, the 4G LTE connection will still suck.[/citation]
I have Verizon and the 4G service I have leaves nothing to complain about (could be cheaper I guess). I just don't get that the market research snow's that consumers would rather have a thinner phone vs. a higher-capacity/removable battery. Samsung is the only top-end maker that is not getting this wrong.

jazz84

Distinguished
Mar 24, 2010
[citation][nom]g-unit1111[/nom]I'm saying it's stupid to pay that much for a smart phone with a good camera - and especially since no matter what carrier you go with, the 4G LTE connection will still suck.[/citation]

I think the question was regarding where you came up with that price, seeing as the manufacturer hasn't even officially confirmed it yet. Source, please.

tarzan2001

Distinguished
Dec 20, 2009
[citation][nom]g-unit1111[/nom]13MP on a cell phone camera and it's $5K? Why not just buy a Galaxy SIII for $200 and a Nikon SLR camera for $2500 and keep the difference?[/citation]

How do you know it costs $5000? And why would any company sell a regular smartphone that costs $5000??? I think you probably saw $500 written on some other site, and confused it for $5000 (thus referring to it as costing "$5K"). At $500 it's not a bad deal for a phone with those specs, though personally I'm concerned about the battery size, and the fact that the battery is not removable.

Status
Not open for further replies.