ZTE Quad-Core, 5.7-Inch P945 Smartphone Leaked

Status
Not open for further replies.

Uberragen21

Distinguished
Sep 3, 2009
It's not a phone, it's a mini tablet you can use to make calls. Sorry, but even a 5" screen is starting to get too big for most people, let alone a 5.7". Mine is perfect at 4.3", but I'd be willing to go as large as 4.8". And it's not the hands that are the issue, rather the carrying around. I use a hip holster to hold my phone, but there are times I want to pocket it, which is not convenient with such a large phone.

Hpnotiq

Distinguished
Apr 8, 2006
I'm rocking a Note II as well, and IDK why people piss their pants about the size of it. I don't even have that large of hands - or wear gang banger jeans. I'm just not a complete imbecile who finds reasons to complain about a slightly larger device.

Bloob

Distinguished
Feb 8, 2012
[citation][nom]soIdier37[/nom]I'm actually a bit surprised they didn't opt for a 1080p screen, considering the size of the device.[/citation]
1080p would be pointless imo, even at that size.

halcyon

Splendid
[citation][nom]Bloob[/nom]1080p would be pointless imo, even at that size.[/citation]
I disagree. The PPI would make for incredibly sharp text and photo-realistic images. Do you not understand this?

zeratul600

Honorable
Mar 11, 2012
[citation][nom]halcyon[/nom]I disagree. The PPI would make for incredibly sharp text and photo-realistic images. Do you not understand this?[/citation]
[citation][nom]halcyon[/nom]I disagree. The PPI would make for incredibly sharp text and photo-realistic images. Do you not understand this?[/citation]
Apple fan, troll or sarcasm? you are a little mystery pal!

halcyon

Splendid
^ Indeed. I am an Apple fan (yet when it comes to phones and tablets I'm an Android type of guy). Occasionally I troll. ...and, yeah, I've been known to be sarcastic now and then.

back_by_demand

Splendid
BANNED
Jul 16, 2009
Remind me again the PPI at which the human eye is incapable of discerning individual pixels (hence the Retina branding) and rendering any PPI higher than than a complete waste and totally nullifying your statement?

halcyon

Splendid
^ Seeing that 1280x720 on a 5.5" screen leaves individual pixels clearly visible I don't think 1920x1080 on a 5.5+" screen is gonna get us to that "Retina" point ...do you?

back_by_demand

Splendid
BANNED
Jul 16, 2009
[citation][nom]halcyon[/nom]^ Seeing that 1280x720 on a 5.5" screen leaves individual pixels clearly visible I don't think 1920x1080 on a 5.5+" screen is gonna get us to that "Retina" point ...do you?[/citation]
Actually 1920x1080 on a 5.5" screen is 400 PPI, which is significantly higher than the 326 PPI touted by Apple on the iPhone 4 / 4S / 5
So yes, I do think, thanks for calling my bluff before checking the facts yourself

halcyon

Splendid
Sorry, had to watch Looper (good movie) So...an iPhone-like display on a 5.5+" screen. ...and this would be bad because?
Brings to mind the display quality of the Droid DNA. You may want to check that...and remind me why such would be undesirable. Personally, I'd like that quality on a 6.3" Note 3 or even a 5.5" screen. Like I said initially, it would make for sharp text and more realistic images. -

back_by_demand

Splendid
BANNED
Jul 16, 2009
[citation][nom]halcyon[/nom]Sorry, had to watch Looper (good movie) So...an iPhone-like display on a 5.5+" screen. ...and this would be bad because?Brings to mind the display quality of the Droid DNA. You may want to check that...and remind me why such would be undesirable. Personally, I'd like that quality on a 6.3" Note 3 or even a 5.5" screen. Like I said initially, it would make for sharp text and more realistic images. -[/citation]
Glad to see you edited the original post, I think the point of "Retina" or similar technologies is that beyond a certain PPI if you can't perceive the pixels them cramming more in will not improve the image because you eyes literally cannot tell the difference
Maybe if you hold it less than the average 10 inches away for cellphones or have better than 20/20 vision (and face it, most of us don't have) then it might be useful but it's not a large market and the PPI race is the new MHz race, largely a moral victory with not much real improvement

halcyon

Splendid
As long as they make the PPI ~320 or more then I'm satisfied. If they want to make the PPI 500 and do some kind of scaling because lab tests show that that may offer better image quality...I say fine, go for it. ...but in 2013 1280x800 on 5" screen in a so-called high-end device isn't cutting it for me.

back_by_demand

Splendid
BANNED
Jul 16, 2009
I suppose 1920x1080 can be acceptable even if you can't really see the pixels, if you also happen to have a glut of 1080p video content
And maybe that resolution will be fine even for larger screen such as tablets or ultrabooks, until such time as 4K video becomes mainstream, because nice as it is to have it, it really is a waste unless you have media to match (and for those that say you play games at more than 1080p, of course you do, on a PC with a monitor around 27"+, not a phone or a tablet)

back_by_demand

Splendid
BANNED
Jul 16, 2009
[citation][nom]halcyon[/nom]but in 2013 1280x800 on 5" screen in a so-called high-end device isn't cutting it for me.[/citation]
Perhaps the resolution is deliberate, otherwise they may never sell the other handsets, such as...
http://www.tomshardware.com/news/ZTE-Grand-S-Smartphone-Image,19996.html
Yeah yeah, I know we want the best of everything on every model, but then there would be no market variation and the shops shelves would look pretty boring

halcyon

Splendid
That seems like a mid-grade phone. I don't care what they do at the low-to-mid grades and yet I understand this where the bulk of the handset sales are. ZTE? Tell me about their high-end class-leading attempt and I'll treat it as fairly as any other. A year is a long time to use a phone (to me) which is why I don't want a paper weight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS