ZTE USA's CEO is Actually Enjoying Washington's Probe

Status
Not open for further replies.

ddpruitt

Honorable
Jun 4, 2012
If there's a problem because they're in China shouldn't we also check Apple, Sony, Motorola, Microsoft, Acer, Asus, Google, etc because most of their products are made in China???

[citation][nom]ddpruitt[/nom]If there's a problem because they're in China shouldn't we also check Apple, Sony, Motorola, Microsoft, Acer, Asus, Google, etc because most of their products are made in China???[/citation]
Nah, just same fear-mongering that appeals to wannabe patriotards (for lack of a better term) that believe that anything not made in US is evil. That, amplified by local companies that see their earnings threatened, culminating in this stupid and ridiculous "probe".
As if a company really wanting to use this tech to spy would actually deploy it inside hardware that is open to public geek's scrutiny... Geez, they tried really hard to do that already a few times (remember that stupid software CarrierIQ?). Who discovered it? Geeks. Why? Because you can not possibly expect to install something on a widely available piece of hardware and hope to get away with it.

hok

Distinguished
Oct 5, 2007
so hypocritical, so apple iphones tracking and logging of its customers is just "annoyance".... I jailbreak my phone JUST to block their tracking.

If the government actually did their research they would know the American spying technology is leaps in front of Chinese tech. Its another one of US's distraction tactics to get away from real work like budget and jobs...

Non-Euclidean

Distinguished
Nov 5, 2009
I havent seen so much ignorance in a series of posts before.

The Chinese ignore every copyright/patent they can.
They have been actively involved in stealing anyones tech they can to catch up.
Their government finds nothing wrong with this behavior.

williamjuly2003

Honorable
Mar 9, 2012
[citation][nom]ddpruitt[/nom]If there's a problem because they're in China shouldn't we also check Apple, Sony, Motorola, Microsoft, Acer, Asus, Google, etc because most of their products are made in China???[/citation]

So your saying they will alter those companies product to include a backdoor so chinese hackers can steal information? Okay China is just going to alienate every big manufacturing company that does business with them to steal information........................

williamjuly2003

Honorable
Mar 9, 2012
[citation][nom]house70[/nom]Nah, just same fear-mongering that appeals to wannabe patriotards (for lack of a better term) that believe that anything not made in US is evil. That, amplified by local companies that see their earnings threatened, culminating in this stupid and ridiculous "probe". As if a company really wanting to use this tech to spy would actually deploy it inside hardware that is open to public geek's scrutiny... Geez, they tried really hard to do that already a few times (remember that stupid software CarrierIQ?). Who discovered it? Geeks. Why? Because you can not possibly expect to install something on a widely available piece of hardware and hope to get away with it.[/citation]

I am sorry China is constantly trying to steal economic information from the US and other countries. We should totally ignore a company that plans to sell IT infrastructure to the US because China doesn't have heavly control/own an company operating in there country.

TeraMedia

Distinguished
Jan 26, 2006
How many Chinese companies have paid remunerations to entities in the US for anything ever? The answer to this question is either:
a) None
b) A small number, not representative of the activity taking place or comparable to companies based in other countries, or
c) A comparable number to companies based in other countries, in terms of footprint and activity.

I don't know the answer to this question, but I suspect that it's (b). I haven't heard of China forcing companies or individuals there to make restitution to individuals or corporations based elsewhere. I have heard of China refusing requests for extradition, enforcement of laws and treaties, etc.

If there are no repercussions to illegal activities by Chinese companies, then doing business with a company in China is like doing business with a drug cartel. They will only play by the rules until it is no longer in their best interest to do so. After that, god help you.

And the worst of it is, this CEO guy almost sounds like he's smirking at us. Ugh.

f-14

Distinguished
this made me laugh
ZTE said that it "profoundly disagreed" with claims that it is influenced or controlled by the Chinese government.
well since every company in china is state owned i fail to see how this claim can be substantiated as nothing happens behind the great firewall of china with out the governments approval

Status
Not open for further replies.