Zuckerberg: Bill Gates Was My Hero

Status
Not open for further replies.

hakesterman

Distinguished
Oct 6, 2008
Mr. Zuckerberg, Bill Gates might as well still be your Hero because the path he took to became a millionaire was a lot tougher and more work than what you did. And Bill has never hidden his money to avoid taxes like you have either.

stevejnb

Honorable
May 6, 2013

Concerning the last part of your post... You sure about that? You can say a lot of things about Microsoft under Bill Gates' leadership, but "there were no shady business practices engaged in" is not one of them. I love the guy for the charity he does but, I refuse to believe that Bill Gates was above doing some black magic with his taxes.

Also, I really have neither like/use facebook nor do I have any idea how much work Zuckerberg actually put into making it, but... One could well argue that Microsoft was as much a case of "a good idea at the right time with the right partner" rather than "incredibly hard work and genius together" or some such. They were hardly the only company working on GUI operating systems at the time and some who weren't were on the verge of doing so, so it wasn't some stroke of novel genius that MS brought to the world. A GUI OS would have been around not long after Windows if Windows hadn't become the big fish in the sea. More likely, they were one in a pack that rocketed ahead because of their alliance with Intel and that allowed them to leverage that dominance in a fledgling market that benefitted from a unified OS and establish a monopoly.

Simply put, I *love* some of MS's recent products and their mobile philosophy, but I find trying to paint them - or Bill Gates - as saints or geniuses as stupid as trying to paint them as the nincompoops that many do these days.

shompa

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2007
Of course Bill is Zuckerberg's hero. Bill = richest man on earth. Zuckerberg belongs to a people who loves money over anything else. In their values success is only measured in money.

History have proven that Bill/MSFT have never invented anything. They have never managed to compete on any market with competition. The only thing MSFT have been capable of is fleecing money of customers with crappy products like Windows and Office where they have a monopoly.

MSFT business model is to make crappy products so people have to upgrade.

BTW: "open" Microsoft never follows industry standards to lock in their customers. Just look at DirectX and how gamers are FORCED to use Windows. MSFT even tried to do the same with the Web and Internet Explorer that did not follow HTML standards. Even today there are tons of websites that don't work without people using Windows + IE.

This is your "open" hero.

The evil "closed" Apple always follows standards. Anyone can do any program they want to their "closed" iphone using HTML5.

Just some proof of how many "IT experts" have no clue. The sad truth is that over 90% working in IT have no clue about it.

The_Trutherizer

Distinguished
Jul 21, 2008
Windows + Office + Direct X What more does your average user need? That is the great thing that Bill Gates did for the world. You get your PC and the basic apps and you are set to go. No mess no fuss. And it does not cost you a kidney.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS