Zuckerberg Explains Why He Always Wears A Grey T-Shirt

Status
Not open for further replies.

bit_user

Polypheme
Ambassador
Frankly, I don't care what Mark Zuckerberg thinks. He's really no smarter or better than many entrepreneurs - he's just really stubborn and got really lucky. Someone with better business acumen would have sold Facebook much sooner. And under most circumstances, holding out the way he did results in failure. Like when MS was trying to buy Yahoo.

Sure he worked hard and had some good ideas, but lots of people work hard and have good ideas but fortune doesn't favor them. He's not so special - just lucky. He's entitled to his success, but I think he gets more attention than he deserves.

And before someone calls me sour grapes... no, I'm not an entrepreneur, much less a failed one.

TyroneJ

Reputable
Nov 8, 2014
"...I'm not doing my job if I spend any of my energy on things that are silly or frivolous about my life..."

Boy is he delusional. Facebook is the very definition of "silly or frivolous".

nothingham

Reputable
Oct 30, 2014
Boy is he delusional. Facebook is the very definition of "silly or frivolous".
Google enabled people to navigate a sea of knowledge, any time "lost" was learning new things, skills, information. Early chat clients like IRQ, ICQ and even Skype allowed people and friends to connect over long distance.

The only thing new that facebook achieved was to cause billions to waste their time bulding and stalking narcistic/fictional representations of themselves and every piece of garbage that crosses people's head. And to such an extent that those who do not partake in this practice might have their chances of employment, renting a flat, or whatever... hurt because you're a "weirdo" and don't have a very active facebook profile.

At least I get good returns for the spying google does on me.

RipperjackAU

Distinguished
Apr 12, 2006
"Zuckerberg Explains Why He Always Wears A Gray T-Shirt"

... because he is a douch-bag with no personality or fashion sense!

"He's really no smarter or better than many entrepreneurs"

... but he is more skilling in stealing ideas from his start-up partners and stabbing them in the back!!!! ..... OOooooooh, I went there!

RipperjackAU

Distinguished
Apr 12, 2006
"Zuckerberg Explains Why He Always Wears A Gray T-Shirt"

... because he is a douch-bag with no personality or fashion sense!

"He's really no smarter or better than many entrepreneurs"

... but he is more skilling in stealing ideas from his start-up partners and stabbing them in the back!!!! ..... OOooooooh, I went there!

martel80

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2006
Like wearing a suit and a tie miraculously enhanced one's abilities...

People desperately trying to keep up with the fashion are delusional. I'm sorry to disappoint you but wearing fancy clothes does not turn losers to winners. :)

ib2007

Dec 7, 2011

Wearing a suit may not give you more intellect however it does give you credibility even if you do not deserve any. For the same reason as salesmen wear suits because they look better and are more successful. No one knows why it just works in practice.

Status
Not open for further replies.