ZYXEL PLA5256, does it deliver 1x1000mbps or 2x500mbps?

GambinoGod

Commendable
Jan 18, 2017
I am buying a ZYXEL PLA5256 powerline adapter and since it has 2 ethernet ports on the adapter, I was wondering does the adapter split the advertised speed of 1000mbps per each port or does it deliver full speed of 1000mbps per both ports?
I am planning on using only one port for my PC, and of course, I am not expecting full speed aka 1000mbps because those things never hit their advertised speeds due to difference each house has in electrical installations, but just a perfect world question, will it split the speeds so each port gets ~500mbps or will it send those ~"1000mbps" for both ports?

Solution
Talked to Zyxel themselves about this and they gave me this answer :
"The PLA5256 1000Mbps speed is the powerline theoretical maximum connection speed through the electrical wiring. If you had 1 device connected to the PLA, it would send traffic at the maximum speed possible based on the environment its placed in, but if 2 devices are connected to the PLA, then those devices would share the maximum possible transmit/receive link speed the environment supports."
#solved

GambinoGod

Commendable
Jan 18, 2017
Talked to Zyxel themselves about this and they gave me this answer :
"The PLA5256 1000Mbps speed is the powerline theoretical maximum connection speed through the electrical wiring. If you had 1 device connected to the PLA, it would send traffic at the maximum speed possible based on the environment its placed in, but if 2 devices are connected to the PLA, then those devices would share the maximum possible transmit/receive link speed the environment supports."
#solved

Solution