Zyxel Router losing connection constantly?

CaeKE1

Commendable
Jul 7, 2016
Hey,

Over the past few days my router has been dropping connection on multiple occasions, making online usage barely usable at all. Whenever I manage to reconnect to the router I get the following message:

"Your router has not established a DSL connection to your local exchange. The DSL light on the router will blink while it is trying to connect, and stay on if it connects successfully.

Click here to recheck the connection status.If the router still cannot connect, contact your ISP for technical assistance."

Our ISP is the Post Office in the UK (no this was not my choice personally, I didn't have a choice in the matter), after a few minutes it will reconnect which is nice, but as someone who does a lot of online gaming it makes this virtually impossible due to the instability, despite my speeds being solid.

Any suggestions on fixing it? I'd rather avoid contacting my ISP as more often than not you end up being charged for a call that doesn't help in any way at all.

Solution
Hi sorry for late response! i'm with the post office broadband as well! IT SUCKS!!! The best way i found to have a stable internet connection is to plug the router into the telephone master socket using no extensions and making sure to use all the adsl filters before plugging anything else in to the telephone socket. only use the cable wat were provided in the box.

CaeKE1

Commendable
Jul 7, 2016
I see nobody has responded yet, if anyone has any idea what's going on please let me know. :(

Additional info includes:
Router model number: ZyXEL AMG1302-T10B
Number of connections: Varies, one PC connected via ethernet and a TV Box, I'm connected from my desktop pc through a Tenda Wireless Network Adapter

NOT_PROVIDED_16

Distinguished
Aug 21, 2015
Hi sorry for late response! i'm with the post office broadband as well! IT SUCKS!!! The best way i found to have a stable internet connection is to plug the router into the telephone master socket using no extensions and making sure to use all the adsl filters before plugging anything else in to the telephone socket. only use the cable wat were provided in the box.

Solution