New profile posts

I think i accidentally destroyed my PC with a water bottle...

Update on drowning a PC!
So, there was no overall damage. After drying it all out and conducting a thorough visual inspection, the PC was fine. After some monitor and GPU troubleshooting, it started right up with no errors except for deleting one of my games. No data was lost. I am currently typing from the same PC I almost killed. Happy ending!
Reactions: Djoza
Djoza
Djoza
More information about the crime scene is needed...
Hello
COLGeek
COLGeek
Just letting you know that Profile Posts are readable by all members. If you want to have a private exchange, click on Start Conversation under on the recipients profile.
This is a question for the people with 5TB + of storage:
- Do you actually need all that storage, or is it 'just to be safe' thing?
COLGeek
COLGeek
You'll get more feedback from a thread in the Storage section of the forums.

What is your record for alerts in the morning?
Mine is 28
Colif
Colif
Tom's has sister sites, and ones forum looks a lot like here with the dark theme on. I went there this morning and thought I was here, and couldn't work out why I had no alerts. I thought it was a bug for a while until I worked out where I was.
Djoza
Djoza
Yeah i saw it has some other lookalike sites.
Tomsguide or smth like that?
Colif
Colif
People hardly help you on this site it’s kinda sad when you wanna learn a new trade and they refuse to help
Djoza
Djoza
What do you need help with?
Colif
Colif
Your question is being answered, there are just people here from all over world so the person answering you might be asleep. Just have to wait :)
Working on second build (AMD x570). If anyone has some idea on how Dragon Center would work on a non-MSI mobo, please message me. Trying to see how well I can control rgb for MSI GPU on Asus or Gigabyte board.

Any other advice is also appreciated.
CPU: Intel i7-3930K + Intel Stormville DX79SR
Memory: Crucial Ballistix 32Gb DDR3
GPU: Asus Strix RTX 3070 8Gb
Speakers Sound: Asus STX, and AV Marantz NR1402 + Klipsch Reference Theatre Pack 5.1
Headphones Sound: Schiit Modi Multibit + Schiit Vali 2 + Audeze LCD2
SSD: Samsung 500Mb OS + 2Tb Storage + 6Tb Bkp
PSU: Corsair AX1200w
Screen: 27" Asus ROG Strix, 144Hz 3D
Input: Razer Ouroboros + Orbweaver + Logitech K360
Question - "Is my drive dying?"
Answer - "Yes"

May be 5 minutes or 5 years. But it IS on a slow march to death. No matter what software may or may not tell you.
Prepare for that.
Reactions: Djoza and COLGeek
Colif
Colif
how do you tell if an ssd is about to die though? no weird noises like hdd make. Do you start to trust them less as they age?
USAFRet
USAFRet
You don't. You assume, like any other storage device, that it can die in the next 0.25 sec.
Plan for that.
Djoza
Djoza
Good thing they arent expensive
currently asking a dumb question
awskr
awskr
i like how my preschool or kindergarden teachers said "there are no dumb questions!"

then in early 2021 i ask what type of Anti Aliasing is better. Embarassing.
What should I buy or change to have a decent gaming experience?

CPU: AMD A4-4000
MOBO: ASROCK FM2A55M-VG3
RAM: 1X4GB RAM DDR3
GPU: AMD RADEON HD 7480D
PSU: 700W

ps: I have little knowledge about computer parts so please respect my question haha.
rgd1101
rgd1101
go start a thread here

depend on the budget. should think about getting a new system
Dont you love when you are writing a reply for 15 minutes only for the thread to be deleted 30 seconds before you post it?
Absolutely amazing feeling!
Reactions: AlexTheFern
Colif
Colif
stop replying to spam then :)

i hate wasting 30 minutes writing a long answer for someone to post a 5 word answer that is right but still, it sucks... i could have wasted that time doing something else.
AlexTheFern
AlexTheFern
me: so bc the asdjlaskjdlakdslasd it should be okay for asdkjalskjd and then if u asdkjlsajdlwjascjnwad asasdnajsdiasjpdiwapinsaoi adjaps dnlsakj dia fpia jokas;jdlka sj;ldjaslk j
them: yes
Djoza
Djoza
lol