Question Advice on Sim Card Router

May 4, 2024
I’m thinking of buying this SIM card router:

Is there any other better sim routers out there that are better?

The main thing I am looking for is I need high upload speed as I run a media company and I livestream 4k video on YouTube/facebook.

Maybe you could come up with a educated guess which router work different "better?" if you were only looking at a single location. You could use external antenna to match the particular cell tower you are getting your signal from.

When this is truly mobile it is just like your cell phone. It will work great in some areas and others you get no signal at all.

What is going to be key is making sure the carrier you use has the type of coverage in the areas you want to work. A lot of a carrier tell massive lies about so called "5G" coverage.

You are also going to have to read the fine print and see what radio frequencies the unit supports and what your carrier is using and this can vary from tower to tower. This is also part of the "5G" lie not all towers are using the same radios. The sim itself is only a security device it does not contain any radio transmitters. This is not as bad as it previously was these devices tend to support many more radio frequencies. I suspect though you would still have major issues if you want to say run sometimes in the UK and other times in the USA the licensed radios can be very different. You still even see issues where certain routers and even cell phones will say run on ATT not verizon.....and it has nothing to do with them being locked devices.

May 4, 2024
Usage scenarios?

The area you will stay? In a moving car/RV? In a forest/mountain? In hotel rooms?
We cover events in different cities all over the UK, but sometimes we do go into rural areas but nothing too extreme like forests/mountains.

We just need a router that we can rely on and that will constantly deliver good signal in most areas so the livestream doesn’t lag or go off