Question Antec A40 Pro CPU Cooler - - - one fastening white pin broke and two black push pins broke ?

meganrussel

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2017
I changed the thermal paste and when replacing the cooler I broke one fastening white pin and and two black push pins. I can't find anyone selling these pushpins and I am in India - Aliexpress won't work here. any ideas?thank you

screenshot-from-2021-03-08-13-31-53.png

Lutfij

Titan
Buy an used cooler off your locals or contact your local distributor for Antec hardware and ask them if they can give you the mounting hardware (which won't be for free btw) but that's your options, IMHO outside of buying a new cooler.

You could ziptie it, but I doubt that's going to be a good idea. What is the make and model of your motherboard and what are you trying to cool?

meganrussel

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2017
thank you so much for replying, this is the same model i am using for cpu cooler ,my model is asus p5ql pro lga 775 . x5470 cpu (modded) ,some case fans in front , i have asked in support giving my email adres, nothing reply came til now, just need those plastic pins , wish they sell it separately ! , here everything is expensive, even old ones .
i dont think the shop keeper would be helpful in giving mejust the pins , also i am staying so far away from the shop . any ideas about nylon plastic screws tightening the cooler with this balck cirlce mount piece ? need some meausrements which can go into this black circle and i could bolt it behind . the hole of lga 775 is 72 mm i read , and the height of the black plastic is 2.5 cm , may be i need little more than that to bolt it behind ? please spend your little time for me in this regard :)

meganrussel

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2017
@geofelt yes i woud want to do that , but need to get right measurements, if any have done it here , or know the size of those screw bolts and can be bought online , would be much cool , damm it aliexprs gone in my place , its a big loss !