May 9, 2024
I have a Ryzen 7 7800X, and a couple days ago i switched out the 8 dollar AMD Wraith Stealth for the Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120. After this switch, my CPU temp and usage has been spiking for some unknown reason. I'll go from averaging at 52c to skyrocketing all the way up to 74c. During this change my CPU usage goes up to about 20%. This change happens in small things like opening apps or browsers, and i have no idea how to resolve this issue. (This is also my first build so i have no idea what I'm doing)

My stats are

CPU: Ryzen 7 7800X

Motherboard: MSI MAG B550 TOMAHAWK

GPU: XFX SPEEDSTER SWFT210 RADEON RX 7600 (8 gb)

Case: MUSETEX ATX Pc CASE (with pre-installed rgb fans)

PCU: RAIDMAX V Series 800 watt

RAM: TEAMGROUP T-Force Delta RGB DDR4 (4 sticks)

(feel free to give any recommendations for more suitable parts that will further improve the build)

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant
I'd check the mount, repaste, and reattach. Heat removal is a basic physical process and when you have a simple heatsink, if it's connected properly and there's no suspicious performance settings on the CPU, it *will* remove hate, otherwise the basic physical laws of our universe have fallen apart.

And that is an absolutely frightening PSU, extremely cheaply made group-regulated junk. I'd be far more worried about this potential disaster in your power delivery than 74 degree temperatures, which is far from a problem.

Reactions: ChocoNexus
May 9, 2024
I'd check the mount, repaste, and reattach. Heat removal is a basic physical process and when you have a simple heatsink, if it's connected properly and there's no suspicious performance settings on the CPU, it *will* remove hate, otherwise the basic physical laws of our universe have fallen apart.

And that is an absolutely frightening PSU, extremely cheaply made group-regulated junk. I'd be far more worried about this potential disaster in your power delivery than 74 degree temperatures, which is far from a problem.
LMAOOOOO I will definitely start looking for a better PSU then, and with that being said what a is a good PSU you would recommend (there is no limit to the budget). I'll also try reapplying the thermal paste. Thanks for the help!

May 9, 2024

Just put the thermal paste on and it worked, Thanks!