Question ASRock B650 LiveMixer vs MSI B650 Gaming Plus Wi-Fi

May 22, 2024
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

I wouldn't bother...they are the same...only that the Live Mixer just looks nice and lacks WiFi out of the box.
Heyy, thank you!

As far as I can see, there's more to it than that. LiveMixer supports GEN 5 M2 SSD and has better phases. But I don't know when GEN 5 SSD prices will normalize.

Lutfij

Titan
Now that you put it like that...
a| In real word scenarios you won't be able to see the difference in speeds unless you want to use them as bragging rights.
b| You didn't specify what you're looking for in your boards purchase. At face value, both boards have the same audio codec, they also have the same NIC, the memory support is pointless since you're best off getting anything between DDR5-6000MHz~DDR5-6400MHz when pairing with AMD's Ryzen processors on the AM5 platform.

The link you parsed for the MSI product shows up as Tr...are you located in Turkey? If so, what's the price difference? I ask because we're not located in Turkey and we have a limited audience from there, here.

As far as I can see, there's more to it than that. LiveMixer supports GEN 5 M2 SSD and has better phases.
That's just two you've mentioned...that isn't more. More power phases don't mean better. I'm curious to know what the board's prices are since a board that's fully featured but cheap would mean corners were cut along the production run/assembly line/componentry used.

When you see an ALC897 codec on the board, that's tell-tale of the board being close to the bottom range of boards. If you rewind a decade you'll see boards with the ALC897 codec on them.

Reactions: rohleder00
May 22, 2024
The link you parsed for the MSI product shows up as Tr...are you located in Turkey? If so, what's the price difference? I ask because we're not located in Turkey and we have a limited audience from there, here.
Thank you for your answer. You answered many questions in my head. Yes, I live in Istanbul/Turkey. Actually ASRock is like $20 more expensive than MSI here. If you want to know the prices directly ($1 = 32 TL):

May 22, 2024
I would pick the Asrock over the MSI. It appears to have better power delivery, more M.2 storage, along with heatsink for all of them, and more USB on the rear I/O.
The only thing I want to ask is whether can MSI handle 9000 series CPUs? Is it a sufficient mobo for the 9000 series? Because I want to wait for 9000 series.

Last edited:

logainofhades

Titan
Cannot really say, as we have no concrete evidence on power consumption yet. The Asrock board should be a bit better, at handling more power hungry chips though, with its better power delivery. While that particular MSI board wasn't tested, the Asrock board performed better than any MSI board, with regards to VRM temps, that are more expensive than the one you are looking at.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZtHOOyWYiic

May 22, 2024
Cannot really say, as we have no concrete evidence on power consumption yet. The Asrock board should be a bit better, at handling more power hungry chips though, with its better power delivery. While that particular MSI board wasn't tested, the Asrock board performed better than any MSI board, with regards to VRM temps, that are more expensive than the one you are looking at.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZtHOOyWYiic
I think your comment and the video were a bit of a game changer :grin: