Question Asus AiO P1801-T showing "pad mode" and nothing else...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 10, 2023
Hello

First of all I want to say hello to everyone. I'm new at this place:) I want to apologise for my language also. I'm not native english.

Some time ago I bought tablet like in the thread title. I have only the device and power supply without the docking station.

When i push power button there is only message "pad mode" for a moment and nothig else. Tablet turns off.

Is there anything I can do with it? It would be great to start it somehow. It doesn't matter Android or Windows (but windows would be better).

I've tried key combnations like Vol+/Power etc. Nothing works.

Can anyone help? It's a interestng, large tablet and it would be nice to use it somehow.

Regards
T.

Mar 10, 2023
Thank you:)

Yes. There are no labels on it, but it looks exactly the same.

I've tried to boot it into safe mode with keys combinations, but like I wrote - no effect.

I bought it locally from a private person via internet, I think about half a year ago. There's no option to return it. It was described as broken, but with no details. Fixing electronics is my hobby and I knew I will have to fix it, but I thought it's gonna be more "soldering" type of work. I didn't find any obvious, hardware damage, so I think it's more software related.

If there's nothing I can do with the tablet, I have only two options - sell it as broken to someone else or just throw it to trash. It would be a pity.

Status
Not open for further replies.