Question Asus H97-PRO system won't boot, bios settings question!

nofacemonster

Distinguished
Nov 11, 2009
I recently bought this motherboard and also updated the bios to latest version available. Many of the problems I had went away after the update, But there is a one mysterious issue which I can't figure out why it is coming.

Problem ~

I go to the bios, do some small changes like USB POWER CHARGE MODE OFF etc. Then when I "SAVE AND RESET", the system won't work. It simply gives no video signal or there is any hard disk activity, only the power light is on. Sometimes hard disk bulb keep blinking. I switched the GPU to onboard HDMI and there is no display there either. When this happens, only way to get it back is, Unplug the system and wait for like 10 to 30 seconds and put it back on. Then everything works normally.

Does anyone know what is the cause of this? (I upgraded my 13 year old computer with much newer stuff which is still pretty old for newer standards)

My upgrade is this board + I7 processor so far. GPU is still the old one which is GT550TI GTX (waiting for new GPU to reach me). Also still using old ram from different manufacturers, CORSAIR HYNIX and something else but they are still same speed. Waiting for new RAM too.

Also for your info

I have the full boot mode enabled in bios (no fast mode etc)

Lutfij

Titan
When posting a thread of troubleshooting nature, it's customary to include your full system's specs. Please list the specs to your build like so:
CPU:
CPU cooler:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:
Monitor:
include the age of the PSU apart from it's make and model. BIOS version for your motherboard at this moment of time.

As for your motherboard, did you clear the CMOS after verifying your BIOS was flashed to the latest version?

Also still using old ram from different manufacturers, CORSAIR HYNIX and something else but they are still same speed. Waiting for new RAM too.
You might want to mixing and matching rams, they don't have the same IC's in them.