Question Asus PRIME B365-PLUS back panel jack only outputting audio

May 9, 2024
Hello, I have a bunch of issues with the motherboard.

First, the back panel jacks are only working for outputting audio to my headphones, but they do not accept input audio from my mic (mic is seperate from the headphones). Front panel is working just fine.

Another issue is that after downloading audio drivers from asus website, the realtek audio console says that "the device is not supported". I do get some tweaking options for my headphones in windows device manager (or whatever it's called), but I do not see anything extra for my microphone (no options such as noise cancellation).

I was wondering if this is an issue with my mobo, or if it's just a driver/software problem. I've tried looking on the internet for this already but I had no luck with finding something. The audio controller is ALC887, if that's important.

First, the back panel jacks are only working for outputting audio to my headphones, but they do not accept input audio from my mic (mic is seperate from the headphones). Front panel is working just fine.
The back panel pink jack is what's called a TRS jack; you can google it to see what a TRS plug looks like, it may look like the plug on the headphones portion of your headset. This allows that jack to output 2 signals for the subwoofer and center channel in multichannel systems; refer to page 1-9 of your manual. The plug for the microphone on your headset is most likely a TS plug; google it. You can probably see that it does not look the same as the headphones plug. You will most likely need a TS to TRS adapter when using the pink jack.

May 9, 2024
The back panel pink jack is what's called a TRS jack; you can google it to see what a TRS plug looks like, it may look like the plug on the headphones portion of your headset. This allows that jack to output 2 signals for the subwoofer and center channel in multichannel systems; refer to page 1-9 of your manual. The plug for the microphone on your headset is most likely a TS plug; google it. You can probably see that it does not look the same as the headphones plug. You will most likely need a TS to TRS adapter when using the pink jack.
You did not understand me. My microphone is completely seperate from headphones. Heapdhones are it's own thing with jack and my mic is it's own thing with jack. I tried all of the back panel jack's and all of them worked only for audio output, none port would detect my micrphone nor take audio from it. I explained it in description, please read it next time

Lutfij

Titan
I explained it in description, please read it next time
That won't help you gain responses.

btw, Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

What BIOS version are you on for your motherboard? One of your tags for this thread is Windows 10, if that wasn't a mistake, then what version(not edition) of the OS are you on? Did You manually install the audio driver in an elevated command?

Make and model of your audio equipment?

Reactions: rickypicky5
May 9, 2024
What BIOS version are you on for your motherboard?
American Megatrends Inc. 1602. 17.06.2020
then what version(not edition) of the OS are you on?
Windows 10 22H2
Did You manually install the audio driver in an elevated command?
I went to asus's website to get drivers for my mobo, and installed it via AsusSetup.exe, I've tried Setup.exe before but it also gave me the same result
Make and model of your audio equipment?
Headphones are JBL (don't know the exact model) and the microphone is TrustGaming GXT 239 NEPA (apparently they changed the name of it not so long ago, as I remember checking it a few months ago and the model name was different)