Question b450 aorus elite bios update failure

May 2, 2024
Hello, so im a bit out of ideas what to do. i was trying to update the bios(since i bought a new gpu i wanted to have the latest and greatest), however when i updated i couldnt enter bios (only black screen, gpu fans are spinning, cpu fans too), then i looked up on the gigabyte page and noticed that i had to update my amd chipset drivers - View: https://imgur.com/a/jVwCHpE
. I had f4 version and updated to f32. i've tried multiple times reinstalling-removing cmos, tried adjusting jumper pins - nothing helped(did that a lot of times). Of course everything was unplugged and technically it should've helped but it didnt. maybe someone knows what to do? im using b450 aorus elite

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

This is why you read before you attempt a BIOS update(same way you ask before you buy). Unfortunately your motherboard doesn't have any mechanism to recover from a failed BIOS update. You will need to get a hold of a CH341A BIOS Programming tool(to reflash the BIOS on the board) or replace the motherboard.

If you do decide to get a new board, look for something that has a BIOS Flash button, or the option to recover your BIOS in the event the update process goes South.

May 2, 2024

This is why you read before you attempt a BIOS update(same way you ask before you buy). Unfortunately your motherboard doesn't have any mechanism to recover from a failed BIOS update. You will need to get a hold of a CH341A BIOS Programming tool(to reflash the BIOS on the board) or replace the motherboard.

If you do decide to get a new board, look for something that has a BIOS Flash button, or the option to recover your BIOS in the event the update process goes South.
thank you!

May 2, 2024

Hi again, thanks for the reply! I have two questions about CH341A programmer and about programming overall. So i spent time googling and found out that the programmer outputs 5V is it dangerous to program a chip with that voltage and if so what are the chances of frying it. The second question - do i have to pull out all the devices from the motherboard? the cpu, ram, cmos battery etc. thanks